Cherry supports MAA ban on outside actors

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,028

BaLaG

Reaction score
Actor Ram Charan has made an important statement on the MAA's banning of outside actors in Telugu films. "I think this rule should have come a long time ago. This will go a long way in promoting and encouraging local talent. As an actor it�s my duty to see this is followed henceforth,� he told a popular English daily.

MAA, in a bid to present Telugu artistes with more opportunities, felt that the enlisting of outside actors in Telugu films has to be discouraged. Thus, it came with a ruling recently. However, it is not know as to what extent the same is binding on the producers since the same may be viewed as the view of one of the bodies rather than the governing ruling of Tollywood.

In fact, Suresh Babu has opined that the stipulation cannot be implemented easily.

MAA's stricture has discomforted Sonu Sood. He said, "It�s an unfair ruling since many actors from the South are working in Bollywood and vice versa. Talent and popularity of a particular actor should be the criteria that counts."

more..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock