• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 3,436

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
chu-chu-tv-.jpg

Chennai-based Chu Chu TV, a kids animated channel on YouTube, plans to increase its footprint in the kids digital space.

The company will launch three regional-language channels for the digital platforms this fiscal.

“The kids digital space has huge potential. We want to be a global player and yet be able to leverage by going local in our content.

Therefore, we will be launching channels in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu,” said Chu Chu TV CEO and creative director Vinoth Chandra.

As of now, it has channels in Spanish and Portuguese.

Chu Chu TV will also introduce new content in the long animated story format and live show format. Additionally, the company will create 3D art content, from its present 2D format.

Chu Chu TV is Asia’s most-watched channel on YouTube with 4 million subscribers and 4.5 billion views, Chandra claimed.

The US contributes to nearly 25% to its total user base, while India contributes to about 15%, followed by UK (10–12%), the Philippines and Vietnam both at roughly 8% each. Canada accounts for 6%, followed by the entire Middle East contributing to 15%, shared Chandra.

In October last year, the channel introduced edutainment channel Chu Chu TV Surprise. This has received encouraging response, with 350 million views and 700,000 subscribers.

“Collectively, our channels are witnessing growth of about 5 lakh subscribers and 5 million views month-on-month,” he added. Chu Chu TV was named after Chandra’s daughter.

The first ever video that was created was to entertain this child. “The first video I uploaded (on YouTube) with the rhyme ‘Chubby Cheeks’ received 2 lakh views in two weeks.

After which I asked my colleagues at our IT company to help create the second video.

In five months, the two videos received overwhelming response. We were approached by YouTube to create kids digital content.

There has been no looking back since then,” recalled Chandra. He jointly owns a digital creative agency called Buddies Infotech, which develops apps and games.

The company was formed in 2011 with friends he has known for 30 years.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/technology/chu-chu-tv-to-launch-3-regional-channels-for-digital-platforms/ | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock