• Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 5,769

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Cinema TV launches to fight in tough Hindi movie channel space

MUMBAI: Dehradun-based Softline Creations has debuted in the television space with the launch of its first 24-hour satellite Hindi movie channel Cinema TV, a genre that is grappling with rising acquisition cost of movies and cut throat competition among the top three players.

A free-to-air channel, Cinema TV is currently available on three DTH platforms - Reliance Big TV, Videocon D2H, and Airtel Digital TV. To extend its reach in non-C&S markets, the channel is exploring partnership with DD Direct plus.

Headed by Hitesh Sabharwal, the channel has roped in Raju Shrivastav as brand ambassador. The channel is being promoted through digital, print, and outdoor ads besides running cross-channel promos.

"We have a library of 800 movies comprising across genres like drama, action, comedy, thriller and classic," says Sabharwal, who has earlier worked with Zee TV, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Times Group and Astro Group.

Some of the movies that the broadcaster will air include Don, Rang De Basanti, Murder, Tangewala, Quickgun Murugun, Humse Badhkar Kaun, Wardat, and Sanam Hum Aapke Hain. A large chunk of the library comprises yesteryear classical movies.

So how will Cinema TV tackle competition? "We have defined the prime time in the evening at 7.45 pm; we have also introduced kind of an appointment viewing for our viewers. Movie channels can be differentiated through presentation of content and the kind of programming that is offered in between movies," says Sabharwal.

The brand tagline is derived from "Har cheez ka sahi waqt hota hai". "This will relate to the the fact that every movie has an appropriate time to watch. Through our channel, we aim to bring the family together by catering to the tastes of each member through several genres of movies," he says.

The channel is following a distribution strategy that will move up from lower towns. "Our distribution strategy is different from other channels as we are starting from Tier V cities and then moving on to Tier I cities," avers Sabharwal.

The fight in the movie space, however, won't be easy as it is dominated by biggies like Max, Star Gold and Zee Cinema.

That's great news, so its now confirmed that ADTV will add it. :sp

I don't think TataSky will add this channel any time soon. :c
recently they have added movies OK channel.
There are so many movies channel already available in TS.
Personally I am not eager for this channel anyway. :dodgy

mystic said:
I don't think TataSky will add this channel any time soon. :c
recently they have added movies OK channel.
There are so many movies channel already available in TS.
Personally I am not eager for this channel anyway. :dodgy

ohhh then it is so sad.:'(

tatasky can replace zee classic with cinema tv :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock