Seeking Help Clarity of Sun Music HD and KTV HD not perfect in Tata Sky HD

Ramesh DthSky

Reaction score
Guys, could those that have Tata Sky HD connection clarify me one thing? I believe the clarity of Sun Music HD and KTV HD are not that good in TataSky when compared to Videocon d2h or Airtel HD.

For Sun Music HD, I stood at just 1 metre away from the TV and found that when moving scenes are shown for new HD songs of movies after 2008, I found the faces of the actors getting bit blurred especially for distant shots ( shots captured bit distantly away from camera). Did anyone notice this? I checked this with Videocon d2h for the same song and dance distance away from my TV but didn't notice that blurred picture of the actors face or scenes even during fast scenes. When you increase the sharpness in the TV blurredness increased for the fast moving scenes. The same didn't happen for Videocon D2H HD or even in Airtel HD. Even for slower songs just watch the faces of the actors when they move.

The same can be noticed for fight scenes and songs in KTV HD
I think this might be because of excess compression of those two HD channels by Tata Sky.

One example is, when I watched Kaakki Sattai movie on Sun TV HD, the 'kattikkadi' song appeared superbly without any blurredness. But when the same song was seen in Sun Music HD in Tata Sky, I found it bit blurred during the fast dance scenes. I can give you few more examples also if you wish.

Can someone clarify this?

Just an additional info. An HD channel should appear Crystal clear when watched closer to TV. Sun TV HD and Star Vijay HD or HD sports channels will appear great in TataSky HD even watched from closer distance but that is not the same for Sun Music HD or KTV HD when fast moving scenes are shown. There is some blurredness or pixelation. I request you to clarify me for today to HD channels.

I will be happy if you could check today for the fast paced HD songs in Sun Music HD. When you are closer to the TV by 1 metre you can easily notice it. Just see the faces of actors and you surely will get to see them bit blurred. Also when the camera moves faster the screen will get pixelated for few songs.

Bro K TV HD still now not available in Airtel,Tata Sky has more channels they are doing a bit more compression than other DTH & normally you might see this sought of Pixelation issue.

Last edited:
Thank you Karan..Yeah...I have Airtel HD and Videocon D2H HD as well. But I believe compression should not be done in Tata sky in a way that affects the quality of the channel. Since Sun Music HD is a music channel and has HD content mostly nowadays, compression should not affect the quality. Few fast moving songs have this problem. We can bear this issue for KTV HD since they broadcast HD movies very rarely even now mostly 7:00 PM movies. Tata Sky further claim that their HD clarity is fine times sharper than other DTH operators..

What I still want is SD channels picture quality can be compromised by the DTH operators for the lack of transponders, but HD channels should not be compressed at all.

Even in Tata Sky HD for the issue I had mentioned, no one will notice the picture clarity issue when you watch at a distance of 5 meters away from TV. But the fact is even a poorer picture quality video will appear good when you watch at that distance. The way to judge the picture quality is when you watch it at a closer distance so that you can see that the picture appears without any distortion and blurring.

@karan_hdl, one more thing this Tata Sky provides HD+1 content for Hindi channels like Sony, Colors, Zee, Star Plus and I have even watched those channels when they broadcast award functions where faster dance programmes are shown. Even in HD+1 channels, I didn't see the picture quality issue for fast dances which means they give sufficient bandwidth for those HD+1 channels in their transponders. Why is it difficult for them to provide the sufficient bandwidth for Sun Music HD and KTV HD that are mostly watched channels of Tamil language?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock