Class action suit of Rs. 100 Crore against DishTV India for forfeiting of advances paid against Non Stop pack and defrauding it's customers under TRAI

SanjayNaria

Reaction score
Class action suit of Rs 100 Crore against DishTV India for forfeiting of advances paid against Non Stop pack and defrauding it's customers under Trai rule.

Dear Friends, I am registering case against DishTV, kindly support me so we all can benefit.

Here are some legal details
These days NCDRC is entertaining petition under section 12(1)(c) (class action petition) of the consumer protection act-1986, wherein joint petition can be filed on behalf of innocent consumers.
Pre-Requisites
  1. All the buyers are affected by same cause.
  2. Same relief is sought by the buyers
  3. There are many number of buyers.
  4. Grievance related to same project
  5. No default on part of buyers-All payment made
If all the conditions are fulfilled the complaint is eligible for one under 12(1)(c) of the consumer protection act 1986

Kindly show me your support so that we can request for refund and make DishTV pay Rs 100 Crore.

Last edited:
DishTV has sold these packages till late December 2018 stating that these are Trai 2017 tariff order compliant where users can enjoy lower NCF for 3 years against lock in. This pack offered complete freedom of choice to its customers to choose only channels that they would like to watch and just pay those charges only. No other charges were applicable are Non Stop is advance discounted rentals offered to customers. No need of NCF charges.
Now DishTV is intentionally breaking these Non Stop packs under so called Trai tariff order and forfeiting advance paid.
Since beginning of December 2018 till date Dish TV has purposely kept its position regarding Non Stop packs secret and non transparent so that it can loot it's commited user base.

This is day light robbery and forfeiting request all Non Stop user resist NCF charges till expiry of Non Stop packs and have freedom to choose channels on la carta basis just paying MRP.

Dear Friends I request your support and stories of challenges and trauma faced in continuation of Non Stop pack.

All packs shall continue till EOL or can be terminated if consumer agrees or makes specific request.

No need to file suit as DishTV not forcing anyone with Rs.1179-3 Yrs pack to migrate. Any add-ons running with it will not get de-activated until unless you ask them to add/remove any. If you do so, you will have to migrate. Moreover they will adjust the amount to your account as told by DishTV CC. Suppose you paid Rs.1179 and completed 1 year then amount equals to 2 years will be adjusted to account on prorata basis.

This is all assumption as DishTV has not clarified or brought transparency to its customers on Non Stop pack. Charges have been deducted on customer accounts

Now LDPs are hurting the DTH most as they have to pay broadcasters under new rate but cannot change pack structue for consumers, So a loss making recipe for them

Now LDPs are hurting the DTH most as they have to pay broadcasters under new rate but cannot change pack structue for consumers, So a loss making recipe for them
In free to Air package DishTV has noting to lose. Also this is over DD Free Dish feed. Why should we pay NCF when we have paid in advance, Why should we lose our freedom of choice for our preferred channel. Non Stop pack with Mera Apna pack is compliant with TRAI tariff order. Dish TV is becoming greedy and working against TRAI.

I am still on 'non stop pack' with 2 addons. nothing changed still now. But in the next recharge list "new titanium south pack" is listed which costs more than 570.

Customer care is not helping asking to migrate to new plans. Guys please check your next recharge list.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock