Good News Calcomp HD box software updated

Yes old UI (as in picture) is great. But still new logo (as shown in #4) is better than the existing one because new EPG is Translucent.
I haven't received the update yet bro. I am just saying from the snaps. I have to experience myself to conclude.

But needs to be more opaque and height should reduced.
Height is fine bro considering other dth EPG like tataplay. They have included many information. Even though semi transparent, details are readable

I have successfully updated my Airtel STB manually and after updating manually, I also got this new UI 🎉

I haven't received the update yet bro. I am just saying from the snaps. I have to experience myself to conclude.
Update

I received this update day before yesterday. Needed some time to explore and get used to.
Major changes:
1. EPG banner look is completely changed. They have incorporated everything that was available in the previous EPG banner except content certificate i.e U/UA/A, though I don't know if it was accurate and Airtel branding, in a more compact and beautiful way. It's very similar to old HD box. It's perfect. Don't know why they decided to have different EPG banner in this box in the first place. Now channel change is left, right. A bit inconvenient to get used to, but this EPG banner is the best. It looks ugly in the snap. But in reality, it looks way better than the previous one.
9166STv.jpg

2. They have changed My account look and added UPI QR and have updated contact us section with proper email id and contact.
3. They have regrouped settings and menu options in more appropriate places.
4. iTV Apps and games option removed from menu. Still able to access it by pressing iTV button in the remote.
5. If we switch on STB it used to land on Menu. Now it directly displays home channel.
6. Not subscribed channel banner is also changed.

Overall a great software update from Airtel. Totally surprised. Now this box is feature rich with good software. Only con I see is, in series recording, even repeats are recorded as the programme name is same. They should give an option to automatically record a series at specific time in addition to series recording based on programme name. This will also be helpful during no EPG and incorrect EPG error. As presently, EPG should be perfect without extra spaces and dots for this to work perfectly. Airtel should look into this alone to make this STB perfect.

Another con is fav..one need to turn on fav mode by pressing 3 buttons!

Another con is fav..one need to turn on fav mode by pressing 3 buttons!
If you want profile options, you can't get into fav mode in less than 3 clicks. I feel profiles to be a useful option. Also, I didn't find this to be inconvenient when I was using Fav and I have stopped using Fav option all together when they implemented skip unsubscribed channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock