Colorful channel logos/watermarks bad for TV screens?

Sharing some screenshots from my OTT TV platform in US. Besides being colorless, all logos are also on the bottom right corner. I think american MIB has a rule that logos should be placed in bottom right corner.

hallmm.jpg

vh1%2B169.jpg

tvl169.jpg

My mom once bought a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV and, in 2005, we always had the channel on Star Plus. Before we knew it, the Star Plus logo became permanently imprinted on the top right of the TV. With LCD and LED TVs, this hasn't been much of a concern. But with the new OLED TVs, this is a possibility, albeit rare. This is one of the reasons I prefer OTT services like Netflix and Prime Video over linear channels with their obnoxious logos. Out of paranoia, I set the Logo Luminance Adjustment feature on my LG OLED TV to high. This feature detects static logos on the screen and reduces brightness to help decrease permanent image retention.

Last edited:
Out of paranoia, I set the Logo Luminance Adjustment feature on my LG OLED TV to high. This feature detects static logos on the screen and reduces brightness to help decrease permanent image retention.
Yes bro. Once you know this fact, you will become scared of channel logos :lol:

Animated logos may be a solution. Never seen animated logos on American channels. But some Indian channels do have animated logos like 9X channels and Music India.

Also, American channels remove the logo during commercial breaks. That may also reduce the damage.

Last edited:
I think american MIB has a rule that logos should be placed in bottom right corner.
There is no such rule. American, Canadian and Australian channels prefer the bottom right corner while European channels prefer either the top left or the top right (depending on the country), and most Asian countries prefer the top right corner.

There is no such rule. American, Canadian and Australian channels prefer the bottom right corner while European channels prefer either the top left or the top right (depending on the country), and most Asian countries prefer the top right corner.
You are right. Just noticed that comedy central logo is on bottom left. I have 37 channels on this platform. Except comedy central, all others are bottom right.

Also noticed something on a terrestrial channel. During daytime, the logo on this channel is bottom right. But during prime time shows, the logo moves to bottom left. During sports, the logo moves to top right.

Another interesting thing on some channel: When showing a 4:3 program, the logo moves within the frame.

BBC America showing a full screen program:

bbca%2B169.jpg

When showing an old 90s show in 4:3 ratio:

bbca%2B43.jpg

Also it seems like American channels show new movies (cinemascope ratio) in full screen 16:9 without the black bands on top and bottom. Yet to catch a movie in actual cinemascope ratio on an american channel. Would like to see where they place the logo: within the frame or outside on the black band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock