Breaking Colors cineplex bollywood new channel launching april 1st 2021

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 49
  • Views: Views 17,702
Zee Network's Zee Bollywood, Zee Classic, & Xplor and Star Network's Star Gold Select.

I thought u were referring to zee bollywood, zee action, zee classic and utv movies. For 3 of them not finding mention in top 5 i have already stated reason. Zee Classic is a niche channel hence will have limited viewership. And Xplor has poor distribution plus again a niche channel

Colors Cineplex Bollywood will be a flagship channel with good reach/ distribution and will surely give tough competition to Star Gold 2, Zee Bollywood, And Pictures, Sony Max 2

as i have discussed in previous post of mine, they surely get max ratings from southern states where people do understand hindi. Star/ disney channels get max ratings from bollywood films.
I don't understand above quote logic, So you thinking North peoples not Watching South dubbed movies and South people only watching again these dubbed movies in Hindi channel, when they have better original and dubbed movies why they will watch again in Hindi.

Note Hindi movie Channels more viewership Contribution coming only from North States only, best example is North favor DTH DD free Dish available channels viewership.

I don't understand above quote logic, So you thinking North peoples not Watching South dubbed movies and South people only watching again these dubbed movies in Hindi channel, when they have better original and dubbed movies why they will watch again in Hindi.

Note Hindi movie Channels more viewership Contribution coming only from North States only, best example is North favor DTH DD free Dish available channels viewership.

Bhai I m stating that major viewership for dubbed cinema comes from southern states or Maharashtra... Yes Northern or Western Region do contribute but it is quite less. About year back i had shared data on this too.

You can also see Sony Wah faring poorly on Free Dish nowadays and Free Dish has max subscriber base in non south states. Also important to say that in last 2 or 3 yrs people find watching older 2000s or earlier bollywood films in northern/western states as compared to dubbed cinema. This is why Star Utsav Movies is doing so well on Free Dish.

If u carefull study rural/urban, free/pay platforms BARC data then u can decode which channels performing good or bad in which region. U need to just understand the penetration of pay/free platforms in each segment or know where max Free Dish base resides

COLORS Cineplex Bollywood, a 24-hour Hindi movie channel, will launch on April 1, 2021, across all leading DTH and cable platforms, including DD FreeDish.

this new channel will showcase commercial potboilers of the 80’s such as Amar Akbar Anthony, Kaalia, Namak Halaal, to the 90’s hit movies like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Raja Hindustani, Jeet, Dil, Kachche Dhaage to millennial favourites like Golmaal, Dabangg, Hera Pheri franchise as well as latest blockbusters like Chhalaang, Padmavaat, Student of the Year 2 and Andhadhun. thus catering to viewers of all ages, the statement said

24-hour Hindi movie channel will be on from April 1 across DTH and cable platforms
Media network Viacom18 Media will be launching a new channel, COLORS Cineplex Bollywood, on April 1, which the company has pegged as the “ultimate destination for Bollywood movies.”

Targeted towards the metro audience of Mumbai and Delhi as well as Hindi-speaking markets of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, COLORS Cineplex Bollywood aims to entertain and engage Bollywood movie buffs with a slew of titles spanning different genres, the company said in a statement on Wednesday. COLORS Cineplex Bollywood, a 24-hour Hindi movie channel, will launch on April 1, 2021, across all leading DTH and cable platforms, including DD FreeDish.

Voot Select ropes in one million subscribers in a year

Viacom18 has over 46 channels in over eight languages across more than 130 countries.

Commercial potboilers
In line with its brand proposition of ‘Hit Hai!’, this new channel will showcase commercial potboilers of the 80’s such as Amar Akbar Anthony, Kaalia, Namak Halaal, to the 90’s hit movies like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Raja Hindustani, Jeet, Dil, Kachche Dhaage to millennial favourites like Golmaal, Dabangg, Hera Pheri franchise as well as latest blockbusters like Chhalaang, Padmavaat, Student of the Year 2 and Andhadhun. thus catering to viewers of all ages, the statement said.

Viacom18 to relaunch movie channel Rishtey Cineplex

“The launch of COLORS Cineplex Bollywood will bolster Viacom18’s play in the Hindi Mass entertainment category and strengthen our share in the Hindi movie genre specifically. Aimed at appealing to the masses, the channel is a natural extension of our current Hindi movie portfolio. We are excited about this launch and look forward to becoming the ultimate destination for the best of Bollywood on television,” said Nina Elavia Jaipuria, Head Hindi Mass Entertainment and Kids TV Network, Viacom18.

With the launch of COLORS Cineplex Bollywood, Viacom18 will further expand its movie portfolio with an aim to gain significant presence in the Hindi movie space, the company said.

Source : The Hindu

Any update on addition of this channel? Looks like 1 of the current channels will rebranded else till now some update would have come

You cannot compare viacom18 hindi movie channels with star/Disney or zee channels as their flagship channels do air quite number of bollywood films ( except zee cinema) and manages to enter top 5 list regularly. Sony Max or too some extent Zee Cinema is only exception which does well with dubbed cinema and as i have discussed in previous post of mine, they surely get max ratings from southern states where people do understand hindi. Star/ disney channels get max ratings from bollywood films.

Lastly viacom18 movie channels are not performing quite well even with dubbed cinema, more so Colors Cineplex hardly enters top 5 despite being flagship channel and Rishtey Cineplex too is quite behind zee or star chs on Free Dish ratings. They have good bollywood films library and I m 100% sure this channel will be a success and be a regular in Top 5 list
The main reason is colors has been a premium brand always. It is not relatable to rural audience

Any update on addition of this channel? Looks like 1 of the current channels will rebranded else till now some update would have come
Ya probably colors cineplex might rebrand as colors cineplex Bollywood .Caz till now haven't found any official pages of CCB

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock