Discussion Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 47
  • Views: Views 10,889
I had to do that to after trai rules. I still have it because SS1 english is not available in bengali 49 bouquets.
But I used get all channels before Trai rules by paying Rs just 380. Now i can't get even my favourites.
SS1 is English channel, so it's available in English 49 bouquet (not bengali)
We used to get all popular channels under 400rs until 2017, because then broadcaster's channel's price was below 9rs. Discussion - Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

yCNJSLG.jpg

Now NTO 2020 is forcing broadcasters to price their popular channels like old regime and price their sports channels at literally ANY!! so my question is if back then broadcasters were able to do that, so WHY CANNOT NOW?!

@Siva
I just realized something. The percentage change column is wrong.

Ex: If 5rs was the old price, then the % change for 10rs is 100%, for 15rs in current pricing should be 200%. For 19rs, its 280% which is close to 300%.

Ex 2: 9rs channel increased to 19rs. So it doubled. So change should be more than 100%, but shown as 69.08%.

The table portrays the new rates of broadcasters as less drastic than it actually is. Take a look bro.

Or am I totally off base here?

Last edited:
SS1 is English channel, so it's available in English 49 bouquet (not bengali)
We used to get all popular channels under 400rs until 2017, because then broadcaster's channel's price was below 9rs. Discussion - Comparison of broadcaster pricing in the old regime, new regime, TRAI's analysis for amending the NTO

yCNJSLG.jpg

Now NTO 2020 is forcing broadcasters to price their popular channels like old regime and price their sports channels at literally ANY!! so my question is if back then broadcasters were able to do that, so WHY CANNOT NOW?!
But we never knew what the actual price of each channel was before NTO 2019.

@Siva
I just realized something. The percentage change column is wrong.

Ex: If 5rs was the old price, then the % change for 10rs is 100%, for 15rs in current pricing should be 200%. For 19rs, its 280% which is close to 300%.

Ex 2: 9rs channel increased to 19rs. So it doubled. So change should be more than 100%, but shown as 69.08%.

The table portrays the new rates of broadcasters as less drastic than it actually is. Take a look bro.

Or am I totally off base here?
TRAI data had an additional column for the normalized MRP, I have removed it earlier while manually preparing the spreadsheet. Now I have added it back, for avoiding any confusion. Please take a look.

TRAI data had an additional column for the normalized MRP, I have removed it earlier while manually preparing the spreadsheet. Now I have added it back, for avoiding any confusion. Please take a look.
Thank you.
Now it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock