DDF Exclusive Comparison of HD channels across DTHs (updated 8 April 2024)

Hi @JollyLNB, Sony-Viacom18 merger seems to have been called off. Could you update the logos beside the channel names?

Is the channel list updated with any recent changes?

Hi @JollyLNB, Sony-Viacom18 merger seems to have been called off. Could you update the logos beside the channel names?

Is the channel list updated with any recent changes?
Have not updated this thread in months as I was waiting for the Tata Sky mega-LCN change. But then forgot about it. May be done by this weekend.

And yes, the merger b/w Sony and Viacom18 was called off in October, even though @dino29 bro still hopes it will happen some day. :lol:

Last edited:
Updated with the following.
  • Sony Ten 4 HD has been launched today. Currently exclusively available on Sun Direct on LCN 983. Also, the LCNs of Sony Ten 1 and 2 HD on Sun Direct have been changed to 980 and 981, respectively, from 981 and 982.
    • Sun Direct is the only DTH so far to have Sony Ten 4 HD, and also the only DTH not to have Sony Ten 3 HD.
    • With this, SPN now has 10 HD channels, 5 sports and 5 non-sports.
  • KTV HD has Dolby audio on Sun Direct. Thanks to @Kiron bro for pointing this out. Not sure about other DTHs.
  • ETV Bal Bharat HD has been launched. Currently not available on any DTH.
  • Logo of Turner changed to WarnerMedia for CN HD+.
Totally there are 98 HD channels after the launch of Sony Ten 4 HD. This will increase to 99 after Times Now Navbharat HD is launched later this month.

I will wait for some other DTHs (particularly TS) to add Sony Ten 4 HD, then I will update the pictures in the first post. Till then see the link below.

Last edited:
A small request; if it makes sense. Please sort the channels alphabetically in each genre. Much easier to find a channel that way.

DD National HD present on Dishtv at LCN 698.
There was only one thread about the availability of DD National HD on Dish TV, which was apparently for a special telecast of Ramleela. Nowhere was it mentioned in any other thread that DD National HD had permanently replaced DD India HD, so I did not update. So I will have to update that. Still, it’s strange because DD India HD was launched only in October 2020 and it was replaced within a couple of weeks by DD National HD.
A small request; if it makes sense. Please sort the channels alphabetically in each genre. Much easier to find a channel that way.
Personally I did not consider this before as the channels are ordered on a basis of priority. I personally think that, with Hindi GECs as an example, Star Plus should be at the top and not &TV simply because the latter’s name begins with A. But your point is valid too. It’s not always easy to choose a priority order for many genres and alphabetical order is acceptable as well. But I’m not changing it as of now as it will lead to a lot of new screenshots and updates. Thanks for the suggestion though. :tup:

Last edited:
If Sun direct add 9 more HD channels, it will become second maximum HD Channels provider DTH.

Some HD channels addition will help to achieve that point.

Zee Tamil HD
Zee Keralam HD
Zee Kannada HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Gold select HD
UTV HD
Sony SAB HD
Zee Talkies HD
Sony Ten 3 HD.

This will make Sun direct to become 2 nd DTH with 83 HD channels surpassing Airtel.

Its biggest drawback for Sun Direct for not having the above basic HD channels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock