DDF Exclusive Comparison of HD channels across DTHs (updated 27 March 2024)

If Sun direct add 9 more HD channels, it will become second maximum HD Channels provider DTH.

Some HD channels addition will help to achieve that point.

Zee Tamil HD
Zee Keralam HD
Zee Kannada HD
Colors Tamil HD
Star Gold select HD
UTV HD
Sony SAB HD
Zee Talkies HD
Sony Ten 3 HD.

This will make Sun direct to become 2 nd DTH with 83 HD channels surpassing Airtel.

Its biggest drawback for Sun Direct for not having the above basic HD channels.
@Chezhiyan bro any hope that they will add zee hd chls???

• Times Now Navbharat HD launched and added by Tata Sky (LCN 528) and Airtel (LCN 327). Note: DD audio is present only on Tata Sky.
  • Romedy Now HD shut down, hence removed.
  • CN HD+ added by Airtel (LCN 452).
Picture also updated in the first post.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the first new update to this thread in many months, as a new HD channel has been added by a DTH for the first time in 8 months, namely today’s readdition of Travelxp HD on Dish TV. I assume that Travelxp HD has been added with Dolby audio and with all three (English, Hindi, Bengali) audio feeds. If this is not the case I request @Deep.S or @avipersistent bros to tell me the correct audio feeds. Several more changes have been made:
  • Sports18 1 HD, Pravah Picture HD and Star Kirano HD added to the table, as they have been launched recently, or will be launched in the coming weeks.
  • Also added Star Sports 1 Tamil/Telugu HD, Disney Channel HD, Hungama HD, Asianet Movies HD, Vijay Super HD as upcoming HD channels, even though their launch dates are not confirmed unlike Pravah Picture HD/Star Kirano HD.
  • Tata Sky has been renamed to Tata Play.
As of now I am not updating the pictures in the first post. I will do that only after Pravah Picture HD and Star Kirano HD are launched, by which time several DTHs would have added those two channels, as well as (hopefully) Sports18 1 HD.

Please find the latest changes here. HD channel comparison across all Indian DTHs (UNEDITABLE).pptx

Last edited:
This is the first new update to this thread in many months, as a new HD channel has been added by a DTH for the first time in 8 months, namely today’s readdition of Travelxp HD on Dish TV. I assume that Travelxp HD has been added with Dolby audio and with all three (English, Hindi, Bengali) audio feeds. If this is not the case I request @Deep.S or @avipersistent bros to tell me the correct audio feeds. Several more changes have been made:
  • Sports18 1 HD, Pravah Picture HD and Star Kirano HD added to the table, as they have been launched recently, or will be launched in the coming weeks.
  • Also added Star Sports 1 Tamil/Telugu HD, Disney Channel HD, Hungama HD, Asianet Movies HD, Vijay Super HD as upcoming HD channels, even though their launch dates are not confirmed unlike Pravah Picture HD/Star Kirano HD.
  • Tata Sky has been renamed to Tata Play.
As of now I am not updating the pictures in the first post. I will do that only after Pravah Picture HD and Star Kirano HD are launched, by which time several DTHs would have added those two channels, as well as (hopefully) Sports18 1 HD.

Please find the latest changes here. HD channel comparison across all Indian DTHs (UNEDITABLE).pptx
Bro Tamil audio feed is also added in Travel XP HD in Dishtv.Proof in Main Post.

Last edited:
Bro Tamil audio feed is also added in Travel XP HD in Dishtv.Proof in Main Post.
Done bro! Also, thanks to @Rom1moR bro for another update: Dish TV has added Dolby Digital 5.1 audio on Comedy Central HD, History TV18 HD, Colors Marathi HD and Star Gold Select HD. The list of Dolby channels for each DTH at the end has been updated accordingly.
Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio now available on..
Comedy Central HD..
History TV18 HD..
Colors Marathi HD..
Star Gold Select HD..

Last edited:
Updated with Sports18 1 HD on Sun Direct on LCN 983. Sun Direct has the most HD sports channels (11) as Sony Ten 4 HD is also exclusive to Sun Direct. But it is also the only DTH which doesn’t have Sony Ten 3 HD.

eMT09Kf.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock