DDF Exclusive Comparison of HD channels across DTHs (updated 27 March 2024)

Sun Direct has added three regional HD channels. I am making some assumptions regarding the audio feeds. HD channel comparison table
LCN 895: Star Jalsha HD
LCN 896: Jalsha Movies HD
These two have Dolby 5.1 audio, as is expected from Star.

LCN 899: Colors Marathi HD
This has 2.1 stereo audio even though 5.1 is available from the broadcaster.

This is in addition to Colors Bangla HD which has been there on LCN 897 for a long time. Breaking News - 3 HD Channels Added By Sun Direct

Also, the name Videocon d2h has been changed to d2h as that is the new proper name. And Gemini Movies and Music HD have been removed from Airtel until further notice. All the counts have been updated accordingly.
Sun Direct has added four more HD channels:
  • Star Gold HD (LCN 887)
  • Zee Bangla HD (LCN 893)
  • Zee Marathi HD (LCN 896)
  • Nat Geo Wild HD (LCN 959)
The LCNs of Star Jalsha HD and Jalsha Movies HD, respectively, are now 894 and 895.

Table will be updated shortly with all counts. All Bangla HD channels are now on Sun Direct. The two Star HD channels (Star Gold and NGW) have Dolby audio; the two Zee channels do not.

Sun Direct has added four more HD channels:
  • Star Gold HD (LCN 887)
  • Zee Bangla HD (LCN 893)
  • Zee Marathi HD (LCN 896)
  • Nat Geo Wild HD (LCN 959)
The LCNs of Star Jalsha HD and Jalsha Movies HD, respectively, are now 894 and 895.

Table will be updated shortly with all counts. All Bangla HD channels are now on Sun Direct. The two Star HD channels (Star Gold and NGW) have Dolby audio; the two Zee channels do not.
Also, I have added a slide showing the arrangement of HD LCNs in each DTH.

Last edited:
Could you add the PPT as image in post 1?
This means extra work for me as I will now have to maintain 4 files instead of one: the main PPT, another static PPT for the fonts to display properly, a PDF and a JPG converted from the PDF. Very difficult.

Nevertheless, I will do it. :tup:

This means extra work for me as I will now have to maintain 4 files instead of one: the main PPT, another static PPT for the fonts to display properly, a PDF and a JPG converted from the PDF. Very difficult.

Nevertheless, I will do it. :tup:
Update: All images are in the first post. Uploaded via Imgur. However, whenever I change the presentation, I will have to delete all the existing images from Imgur and create new JPG images and upload them again and insert the links here. No image-hosting service allows reuploading to the same image link. It is hard work, but I am doing this for all of you. :smile2:

ISL 2019: Bengaluru FC enlists Pune's Balewadi as home stadium
Update: All images are in the first post. Uploaded via Imgur. However, whenever I change the presentation, I will have to delete all the existing images from Imgur and create new JPG images and upload them again and insert the links here. No image-hosting service allows reuploading to the same image link. It is hard work, but I am doing this for all of you. :smile2:
Good job.
I suggest you to keep a watermark across each table to protect your hard work.

Side note: 71 people liked the original comparison thread post by @zaxotes but only 17 people have liked my thread. I am NOT asking people to like my thread in any way, nor do I care. Rather, I feel that channel comparison threads are sometimes difficult to relate to, because it is mostly manual labour (so to speak), and therefore many people (among general users) may ignore this thread.

Anyway, thank you for all your support, all of you, whether or not you press the like button. :clap2:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock