DDF Exclusive Comparison of HD channels across DTHs (updated 27 March 2024)

@JollyLNB bro dish tv carries all channels of DD Free Dish DTH Service. Then how come they are not having DD National HD and DD News HD ? It is impossible.

@JollyLNB bro dish tv carries all channels of DD Free Dish DTH Service. Then how come they are not having DD National HD and DD News HD ? It is impossible.
It is a complicated thing. Whether or not I should include DDFD channels carried by Dish TV is very debatable.

I did it for channels carried by d2h but not Dish (namely Vijay, Mazhavil, Udaya and Surya HD) as the table looks badly incomplete if I do not fill up the Dish TV column for those channels, but OTOH Dish is not going to add those channels directly as it can simply ask South subscribers to shift to ST2 which d2h uses. But then they will lose some HD channels (like many English movie channels) available on Dish TV and not d2h.

Last edited:
It is a complicated thing. Whether or not I should include DDFD channels carried by Dish TV is very debatable.

I did it for channels carried by d2h but not Dish (namely Vijay, Mazhavil, Udaya and Surya HD) as the table looks badly incomplete if I do not fill up the Dish TV column for those channels, but OTOH Dish is not going to add those channels directly as it can simply ask South subscribers to shift to ST2. But then they will lose some channels (like many English movie channels) available on Dish TV and not d2h.
Nothing to debate. Even Sun Direct has some DD Free Dish channels. Will you not consider those ?

Nothing to debate. Even Sun Direct has some DD Free Dish channels. Will you not consider those ?
Bishnu dada, there is no point in including DDFD channels on Dish TV as they are present on LCN 4000+ and it keeps changing. Moreover, we do not have a proper channel list for Dish TV unlike other DTHs. It is difficult to know the LCN. I am not going to include them.

I did it for channels carried by d2h but not Dish (namely Vijay, Mazhavil, Udaya and Surya HD) as the table looks badly incomplete if I do not fill up the Dish TV column for those channels, but OTOH Dish is not going to add those channels directly as it can simply ask South subscribers to shift to ST2 which d2h uses. But then they will lose some HD channels (like many English movie channels) available on Dish TV and not d2h.
You Can Just Mention "DishTV NSS6/GSAT15" & D2H ST2" For Clarify You Counted Channels From These Satellites Only. Or Mention Satellites For All DTH, At First Row Of All Categories Where DTH Names Written.

Right, No Need To Add DDFD Channels Here, Used/Added By DTH Operators In STB.

NSS6's Mission Show 15 Year Means It's Transmission Can Stop Any Time Because of It's Life,If This Happens In Future DishTV Will Use GSAT15's Transponders (As They Added New TP Of DDFD Which Carrying DD HD Channels) For Their Transmission, Because Now DD Not Using Encrypted Channels So No Future Of iCAS STBs or DishTV Completely Move Out From 93.5/95.0 And Switch To ST2 Only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock