Complaints pour in against set-top boxes

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
RANCHI: People in the city are complaining about digital set-top boxes installed in their residences and commercial organizations. Visual and sound disturbances coupled with channels going off air from time to time have left viewers unhappy. Subhash Shekhar, a resident of Bariatu, said, "Since the time I have installed digital set top box, everyday I am facing some or the other problem. The most common problem is that one of the channels go soundless for a day or two and when sound returns in that channel another channel goes mute."

Some are also complaining that few channels have gone off air since the installation. "Earlier when we had analogue viewing, all channels were available. After installating set top box channels like HBO and few channels of Zee have gone off air," said Siddhartha Sinha, a resident of Ashok Nagar. Despite the complaints, the cable operators refused to accept the problems and claimed that the signals are fine.

Complaints pour in against set-top boxes - The Times of India

mso didint have anyother option than buying cheap chinese box to fulfill demand

I too heard a complaint from one of my neighbor that the STB's is malfunctioning and multiple channels that are available without issues in analogue goes missing for days much frequently on STB and now they feel that it isn't worth paying for DAS due to these issues and hence they have got back to Analogue and now they see all their channels without any disturbance, and they retain the STB so in case if it becomes costly later-on and if it is really necessary then they may start re-using it.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock