Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparker0i

Reaction score
Many of us are asking queries about what will be channel pricing on our respective DTH/cable from next Saturday onwards in various different threads. So I thought to create a thread where we can ask questions and our knowledgeable members can solve the query for everyone else to see as well.

I'll start this myself. I'm using Airtel DTH with my plan 99 and max hd 225 along with 4 Hindi news channels alacarte.

1. Will the base pack price be pushed to ₹130 without tax, or it may stay at ₹99?
2. Will the hd add-ons be as cheap as the current max hd offering?
3. If in some broadcaster's bouquet, there is a channel Y which is not available in Airtel. Will I still have to pay for that bouquet fully, or will I be entitled to some discount on that front?

I'll start this myself. I'm using Airtel DTH with my plan 99 and max hd 225 along with 4 Hindi news channels alacarte.

1. Will the base pack price be pushed to ₹130 without tax, or it may stay at ₹99?
3. If in some broadcaster's bouquet, there is a channel Y which is not available in Airtel. Will I still have to pay for that bouquet fully, or will I be entitled to some discount on that front?
1. Depends on airtel but most probably yes.
2. All HD/SD add-ons will be stopped. Only Ala-Carte & bouquets of broadcaster & DPOs.
3. They'll either add the channel or will give some discount.

i guess adtv will add all channels as it now revenue model and missing channel cost them their 20% margin

1. 130(NCF/monthly rental) is the maximum for 100 channels. If you don't need 100 channels, the dth company may reduce(provide a discount on) the NCF. Again, it's not compulsory for them.

2.NO. For example - All Sports HD pack costs 99 on dish tv. But the same number of channels will cost 148+taxes now

Last edited:
1. 130(NCF/monthly rental) is the maximum for 100 channels. If you don't need 100 channels, the dth company may reduce(provide a discount on) the NCF. Again, it's not compulsory for them.
1. What is NCF?
2. Will that 130 pack be decided by Airtel? Or we will get the right to decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock