Confusion regarding Multi-tv connections

• Thread starter akb
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 6,270

akb

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am intending to add a HD connection to my existing SD one. But Airtel customer care is providing me with confusing information. I am currently paying 220 Rs. as my monthly rental for the SD connection I have. I request you guys to please help me out with these questions:

1. Firstly I want to know what would be the rental of the second connection (HD)? (CC sometimes says its 180 for SD & 200 for HD. One guy said its 225 for HD. On website its 200 for HD.)

2. Will I get the same channels as in my 220 Rs. pack of primary connection?

3. What about HD channels? Will the rental given for the second connection (HD) avail me on that TV all the 18 HD channels like Star Movies, Zee Studio, Nat Geo, Discovery etc besides the SD channels already included in the 220 Rs. pack of primary connection? (I don't know its sale gimmick or what but CC is saying that I will get all the HD channels in the 200 Rs. rental I will pay for that connection.)

-Thanks & Regards,
Akash

First you have to purchase the new HD connection with existing customer info,then they automatically change the primary connection to HD and secondary for SD.so no more issues.Actually higher pack is to be a primary connection.

Thanks for your reply.

You mean to say that when I go the new HD connection in multi-TV setup they will automatically change my main connection to the HD one?

That is ok. So my monthly total would be Rs. 220 (value sports) + Rs. 180 for the SD connection?

Are they fooling me by saying that I will automatically get all the HD channels if my 2nd connection is HD and I pay Rs. 200 for that?

-Akash

if it comes true,you will be a lucky guy.
but most of the time,after merging so many issues are registered regarding which is to be a primary connection.so deal with them carefully.

Just go with new HD (multi tv) connection,don't tell anything prior,just follow what they told.let see what will happened.hope "all is well".

I called them 6th time and 6th person repeated the same thing that on my add-on HD connection I will get all channels of the base package + all HD channels of airtel for just 200 (or 225) bucks.

This is cool if its true. But they have got me really confused.

akb said:
I called them 6th time and 6th person repeated the same thing that on my add-on HD connection I will get all channels of the base package + all HD channels of airtel for just 200 (or 225) bucks.

This is cool if its true. But they have got me really confused.
Eventhough i also confused while taking multi connection it means that first connection should have mega or higher pack with HD topup so that you can get all 17 HD channels with basepack at 200Rs for second connection ....
Since before taking new connection i was told the same information what you heard and after taking the multi connection they told like this
{first connection should be higher than second connection in order to get the connection}.........

Here is my experience with multiconnection.
My 1st connection was SD box and my package was South Value Sports (Rs.225 / per month). I called the CC to get the clarification about multiconnection and had a call back from them.
The CC gave the following information.
1.) 2nd Connection - Rs. 180 / per month and box costs Rs. 1790, if we get a SD box. Will get the same channels as 1st connection.
2.) 2nd Connection - Rs. 200 / per month and box costs Rs. 2790, if we get a HD box. Will get the same channels as 1st connection and additionally we will also get 17 HD channels.

I booked for the 2nd Connection - HD Box and paid Rs 2790.

But I had a very bad experience. It took 3 days for them to activate the 2nd connection and they also told that now the subscription fee has been increased and instead of Rs. 200 they were asking me Rs.225 to get the same channels as my 1st connection. But I told them that I want to get only Rs. 200 subscription fees and I will not pay anything additionally for the 2nd connection. Finally I got Rs. 200 subscription fees per month for the 2nd connection, but some channels were missing, like star sports, espn, star cricket, etc.

Good news is that as Diwali offer now for 2nd connection the rates has been reduced. Rs. 200 off for SD Box and Rs. 790 off for HD box.

akb said:
Thanks for your reply.

You mean to say that when I go the new HD connection in multi-TV setup they will automatically change my main connection to the HD one?

That is ok. So my monthly total would be Rs. 220 (value sports) + Rs. 180 for the SD connection?

Are they fooling me by saying that I will automatically get all the HD channels if my 2nd connection is HD and I pay Rs. 200 for that?

-Akash
You will get same channels of primary connections i.e only base pack and free language topup ,rest paid topups are to be subscribed separately.

Suppose 1st connection is sd,2nd is hd.Then in 2nd connection you will get sd channels of 1st at 180rs.For hd you have to pay extra.

people said:
First you have to purchase the new HD connection with existing customer info,then they automatically change the primary connection to HD and secondary for SD.so no more issues.Actually higher pack is to be a primary connection.
people said:
if it comes true,you will be a lucky guy.
but most of the time,after merging so many issues are registered regarding which is to be a primary connection.so deal with them carefully.
Just go with new HD (multi tv) connection,don't tell anything prior,just follow what they told.let see what will happened.hope "all is well".
piinku1 said:
You will get same channels of primary connections i.e only base pack and free language topup ,rest paid topups are to be subscribed separately.
Suppose 1st connection is sd,2nd is hd.Then in 2nd connection you will get sd channels of 1st at 180rs.For hd you have to pay extra.

It seems everyone is having different experience from cc, creating confusion.
Better to get all info on email to deal with adtv cc

Dhanasekar said:
Here is my experience with multiconnection.
My 1st connection was SD box and my package was South Value Sports (Rs.225 / per month). I called the CC to get the clarification about multiconnection and had a call back from them.
The CC gave the following information.
1.) 2nd Connection - Rs. 180 / per month and box costs Rs. 1790, if we get a SD box. Will get the same channels as 1st connection.
2.) 2nd Connection - Rs. 200 / per month and box costs Rs. 2790, if we get a HD box. Will get the same channels as 1st connection and additionally we will also get 17 HD channels.

I booked for the 2nd Connection - HD Box and paid Rs 2790.

But I had a very bad experience. It took 3 days for them to activate the 2nd connection and they also told that now the subscription fee has been increased and instead of Rs. 200 they were asking me Rs.225 to get the same channels as my 1st connection. But I told them that I want to get only Rs. 200 subscription fees and I will not pay anything additionally for the 2nd connection. Finally I got Rs. 200 subscription fees per month for the 2nd connection, but some channels were missing, like star sports, espn, star cricket, etc.

Good news is that as Diwali offer now for 2nd connection the rates has been reduced. Rs. 200 off for SD Box and Rs. 790 off for HD box.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had e-mailed their nodal desk and got a call from them today. I was told the same information as their CC
that I will get the channels of my 1st connection + all the HD channels on my second connection for Rs. 200 (may be Rs. 225 as it seems the prices have been increased recently and everyone tells different thing. But I will stress for 200 only & no more as I visited Airtel care office today and was again told the same information there also.)

Are you getting all the HD channels on your second connection for which you are paying Rs. 200 a month?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock