Seeking Help Connect Airtel HD Set Top Box with Monitor

Harshit

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

As I did not got any proper response in my previously posted thread and most of my questions were regarding Airtel HD Set Top Box, I am posting my questions again here. Please Help me this time.

Dual HDMI Monitor for CCTV Surveillance as well as Watching TV

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0752RFPC7/?tag=dreamdth-21

GW2470HL Specifications l BenQ

1. Should I go for this monitor? Is Benq a good name in monitors?
2. Will I be able to watch TV on it directly on connecting through HDMI port (I don't want to use any TV Tuner) on upgrading to Airtel Digital TV HD?
3. Does Airtel HD Set Top Box support simultaneous output through both HDMI Port and RCA port?
4. How can I connect external speakers for sound directly from Airtel HD Set Top Box? The monitor has Headphone port for connecting Speaker/Headphone but as most of the reviews says, its sound output is not that good.

Thank You

1. Benq should be good.
  2. Yes through HDMI ports, you should be able to watch the channels directly, no TV tuner card is required.
  3. It should support simultaneous output through multiple ports, you can connect sound bar or multimedia speakers from optical port as wells as av/rca ports, you can try this before purchasing, I tried this on Videocon STB previously and it is working.
  4. You can connect through AV ports/optical ports directly from setup box, no need to get sound from monitor, you can get dolby digital 5.1 sound from optical port.
Hope this helps.

Thanks @hemant bro....

Is there any kind of special connector required for connecting Sound Output from Set Top Box to 3.5mm jack female. I have a USB powered External speaker with 3.5mm pin.

There are connectors L&R, you need to have two pin sound system or get an adaptor for that, check if that setup is working.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock