Connecting TS+HD to Reconnect REMSG5101, 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker

supermachi

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Friends,

Kindly help me in connecting TS+ HD to my new Reconnect REMSG5101, 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker for getting Dolby Digital sound. At present I am getting 5.1 sound through RCS cable through analog L/R connection.

Specifications of Reconnect REMSG5101, 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker:

Audio

No. of Channels

Speaker Type
Satellite Speakers

Speaker Output (RMS)
(30 W + 10 W x 5) 80 W

Surround Sound Technology
Yes

Dolby Digital
Yes

Audio Features
•Concept active 5.1 system with wireless remote
•Total system power 80 w rms
•Subwoofer power 7.5 W rms
•2500 w movie sound
•Subwoofer with deep bass technology
•High speakers + 1 sub-woofer
•Built in amplifier

Connectivity

USB
Yes

Card Reader
Yes

Physical Dimensions

Speaker Unit 1 Dimensions
104 x 186 x 315 mm

Colour
Black

Remote Control

Remote Control
Yes

Remote Technology
Wireless

Additional Features

Features
•5.1 Channel Configuration
•Total Output of 80 W RMS
•1 Subwoofer, 4 Satellites with 1 Center Satellite
•Built-in Amplifier
•Prologic
•USB, FM, Memory Card Slot
•Subwoofer Sound Control
•Surround sound control
•Center sound control

Link: Shop for Reconnect REMSG5101, 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker at Reliance Digital

What are the connectivity options for your speakers? Dolby Digital will require a DD amplifier with connection thru HDMI or optical input.

jdrocks said:
What are the connectivity options for your speakers? Dolby Digital will require a DD amplifier with connection thru HDMI or optical input.

1. AUX IN L/R PORT
2. DVD - 6 CHANNELS
3. FM ANTENNA

AS PER WEBSITE DD IS MENTIONED PLS SEE THE LINK

If it does not have HDMI or optical input, you cannot connect the TS STB digital audio output directly to your speakers for Dolby Digital decoding. It seems to have only a stereo L/R input which is analog audio. You mention 6 channel DVD input - if this is 6 channel discrete audio input, you will need another amp to first decode the DD signal from the STB to 6 channel discrete audio output for your speakers.

Can you post screenshot of the terminals available on your speakers?

jdrocks said:
If it does not have HDMI or optical input, you cannot connect the TS STB digital audio output directly to your speakers for Dolby Digital decoding. It seems to have only a stereo L/R input which is analog audio. You mention 6 channel DVD input - if this is 6 channel discrete audio input, you will need another amp to first decode the DD signal from the STB to 6 channel discrete audio output for your speakers.

Can you post screenshot of the terminals available on your speakers?

Amp has following:
1. AUX in
2. USB port
3. Memory card port
4. DVD - 6 audio inputs
5. FM antenna port

As per reconnect sale website it is mentioned dolby digital available check the link
Shop for Reconnect REMSG5101, 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speaker at Reliance Digital

If I have DD dvd player and connect to speaker through DVD 6 ch input I can get true DD sound. How?

If I connect TS L/R RCA cable i get dolby prologic sound in 5.1 speaker not dolby digital sound.

supermachi said:
If I have DD dvd player and connect to speaker through DVD 6 ch input I can get true DD sound. How?

If I connect TS L/R RCA cable i get dolby prologic sound in 5.1 speaker not dolby digital sound.

If DVD player has 6 channel discrete output, it is doing the DD decoding and if you connect this 6 ch output to your speaker's 6 ch input you will get DD sound. TS STB does not have DD decoder. It only outputs DD signal thru HDMI and optical ports which needs to be decoded externally by an amp. If your speakers don't have HDMI or optical inputs for the built in amp, it cannot decode the DD signal from the STB directly. Therefore you can only use the L/R ports to get Dolby Prologic or use an external amp which can first decode the STB's DD signal to discrete 6 ch output for your speaker.

supermachi said:

you DVD (pro logic) decoder support to making 5.1 surround sound.

supermachi said:
If I connect TS L/R RCA cable i get dolby prologic sound in 5.1 speaker not Dolby digital sound.
decoder convert that analog signal to 5.1 surround sound,but Dolby Digital only possible through HDML,Coaxial or Optical cables only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock