Connecting two different LNBs Using DiSeqC+Splitter

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
Experts,

I discussed this scenario with one of my friend who is also having experience in tracking satellites, multiple signals etc.. He confirmed that what I am trying to do will not work and will damage LNBs. But still I would like to know the opinions and personal experiences from other experts here. If this can't be done, suggest me some alternate ways..

Here is what I am trying.

1. One dish is having LNB for capturing D2H signal.
2. Another dish is having LNB for capturing Tata Sky signal.
3. Connect both to a DiSeqC 1.0 switch so that I can run one single cable inside come.
4. Near TV, add one splitter (all power pass???).
5. Connect one output to D2H box.
6. Connect another output to TS box.

Question:
Will this work fine?

Should we enable LNB power pass on in both boxes? Will it increase the power supply to double load and damage LNB?

If the above damage LNB, can we turn on LNB power in only one box at a time so power load will be fine? But will it be distributed to both LNBs?

I hope someone will answer my questions...

bro. basic question? swicth can select 1 port at a time.. then how to view tatasky & d2h simultaneously?

SivaG said:
bro. basic question? swicth can select 1 port at a time.. then how to view tatasky & d2h simultaneously?
I really don't know it.. FYI I am at learning stage. Any alternative ideas?

Rushil.D said:
when you buying TS ? :huh
Planning to order tomorrow so I can take leave on Wednesday.. taking leave on second working day makes me feel bad.........

if u want to use two stb at d same time, this s not a good idea.. not good to switch, lnb even stb tuner.. it's better to connect separate cable to them.

SivaG said:
if u want to use two stb at d same time, this s not a good idea.. not good to switch, lnb even stb tuner.. it's better to connect separate cable to them.

No other way to handle in single cable?

Look at the Blue marked area of my setup
4b305668799e292f8d1ea703358053bc.jpg

As my dishtv HD stb & solid mpeg4 stb are always on when I tune to mpeg4 stb for Asia sat 5 (monoblock channels) I get no signal untill I change chanel to lcn 1 to 99 on dishtv. Then only signal comes to mpeg4 stb.

Look at the Blue marked area of my setup
4b305668799e292f8d1ea703358053bc.jpg

As my dishtv HD stb & solid mpeg4 stb are always on when I tune to mpeg4 stb for Asia sat 5 (monoblock channels) I get no signal untill I change chanel to lcn 1 to 99 on dishtv. Then only signal comes to mpeg4 stb.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock