considering Hathway cable in delhi

• Thread starter sandys
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 1,265

sandys

Reaction score
hi guys,
I'm considering getting hathway cable in south delhi. Everyone around me has Tata Sky,etc. but I have some trouble getting antenna on my roof.

what is the general performance of Hathway like ? I have heard that cable tv has frequent power cut problems (because booster units in neighbors house loose power, etc) so it is not as good as DTH.

I'm looking especially for HD experience.

thanks!

Hi,

Its good that hathway is available in your area. Yes Digital Cable is better then DTH especially when its a good MSO like hathway/den...

hathway has 3 types of STB: SD, HD, HD PVR

SD: Rs 1000
HD: Rs 2000
HD PVR: Rs 8000

Now this depends on your area, as they may give bundles, like free packages for 3/6/12 months

In HD STB there is USB slot, for recording which will be activated by software update in future.

You will get 300+ SD Channels and 30+ HD Channels (Don't know the latest additions) may be more

If your LCO has power backup then there will be no signal loss, when power gets cut. Also u will get 365 days good signal. In DTH there is signal loss in bad weather/rains

PQ and AQ of SD and HD channels is awesome. Its better then DTH as per my views. My cousin has hathway hd in Mumbai.

The STB is of very good quality like that of Tata Sky.

There are packages, pls ask ur LCO or hathway office for more info.

Pls do keep us updated abt ur plans regarding hathway.

anishpai said:
Hi,

Its good that hathway is available in your area. Yes Digital Cable is better then DTH especially when its a good MSO like hathway/den...

hathway has 3 types of STB: SD, HD, HD PVR

SD: Rs 1000
HD: Rs 2000
HD PVR: Rs 8000

Now this depends on your area, as they may give bundles, like free packages for 3/6/12 months

In HD STB there is USB slot, for recording which will be activated by software update in future.

You will get 300+ SD Channels and 30+ HD Channels (Don't know the latest additions) may be more

If your LCO has power backup then there will be no signal loss, when power gets cut. Also u will get 365 days good signal. In DTH there is signal loss in bad weather/rains

PQ and AQ of SD and HD channels is awesome. Its better then DTH as per my views. My cousin has hathway hd in Mumbai.

The STB is of very good quality like that of Tata Sky.

There are packages, pls ask ur LCO or hathway office for more info.

Pls do keep us updated abt ur plans regarding hathway.

thanks for replying!
actually hathaway has said that it has to double check in my exact lane, because of some wiring issue. I also have possibility of DEN. What is your thought of DEN vs Hathaway ? I see that the packages are better in DEN.

also how do I check if my LCO has power backup ? any way to verify.

@sandys:

Good to know both hathway and DEN co-exist in same locality. They are one of the best MSO in India the other one being In Diigtal

My first preference would be hathway. But as u have the wiring issue in ur locality, see if it can be fixed. If not, u go for DEN.

DEN is also a good MSO, it also has HD services. I however don't know their STB price and packages. Can be around Rs 2000.

The best part of hathway and DEN is that they use NDS software and CAS, which is top class, and their STB hardware is great.

And regarding power backup, In Delhi LCO must have power backup, just ask ur LCO, or any one with cable. Even if he doesn't have, and if power cuts are rare in ur area, then its not a big deal.

Ps see which of the above two MSO suits your needs, and then take your decision.
Will be waiting for the review Soon :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock