Coolie No.1 | Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max 2 has the rights of the movie.

No , currently none of the channels has satellite rights of this movie. I know the list of movies held in library of each network and Swades is not part of any of them. Recently UTV Movies acquired rights of many of its home production but Swades again was not picked. 3 or 4 years back Swades used to air on UTV Movies but since then it has not resurfaced on TV. In 2000's Star used to acquire all UTV Productions films which went on till 2010 or 11, hence post release till about 2007 or 8 Swades was with Star India

899 for the DVD? Rent it from play store for Rs 100.

One can watch it for free if u search on internet. No need to buy or rent. Guess some OTT platform might also have it, most probably Netflix or HotStar might have it in their catalogue. Renting on individual basis proves costly hence should be avoided

One can watch it for free if u search on internet. No need to buy or rent. Guess some OTT platform might also have it, most probably Netflix or HotStar might have it in their catalogue. Renting on individual basis proves costly hence should be avoided
Watched it on Netflix last Summer.

Watched it on Netflix last Summer.

There r few more good movies like Guru (2007), Dor (2006), Iqbal (2005), Tum Bin (2001) etc. but they r also hardly shown. Star has rights of Tum Bin, Zee has Iqbal while Sony has Dor but none show them across their movie channels except few times post midnight or in early morning hrs. that too mostly on HD feed. Guru unfortunately again has no takers after it made its way out from Star India's library in 2009 or 10.

Main reason for this is huge influx of dubbed south indian movies on hindi movie channels from near about 2009 or 10 onwards and bollywood gems were sidelined.

Now Star India is again realigning content on its movie channels , in my opinion Star Gold will continue to be home of bollywood blockbusters from last 5 or 10 years, Movies OK will air mix of bollywood movies from 80's till 2010 , UTV Movies will become a classic bollywood movie channel like Max2 or Zee Classic which is relaunching soon , UTV Action will air mix of dubbed and hollywood stuff or might be rebranded as Star Gold Thrill HD if Movies OK is respositioned as Star Gold Thrill, Star Utsav Movies will become Star Gold Family airing both hollywood & bollywood content from this segment.

I had earlier hinted at this becoming a reality when Star India was testing hollywood + classic bollywood content on its movie channels post midnight and still doing so. Right now u can notice that many hollywood movies from Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures, Disney - Marvel have made its way across schedule of Star UTV channels. On 21st March Disney completed acquisition and all of Marvel Superhero films shifted from UTV Action to Star Network channels, most hollywood dubbed movies previously held by Zee have also now been acquired by Star India. More big changes will happen post IPL. Also Zee Anmol Cinema might get rebranded as Zee Classic, no point airing same movies across 3 or 4 channels.

Even Star Movies Kids will launch, right now getting a new licence for Star Sports Regional Channels in time before IPL was difficult hence they have gone for renaming of old licences. Post IPL this new english movie channel will also take off.

Really hope that &Pictures HD and Cineplex HD go down old route airing just Bollywood + Hollywood stuff now that TRAI has allowed placing different feeds of same channel in one bouquet incase content offered is different. You can also tweet to them requesting for it

Forget about sequel bro, none of the hindi movie channel cares to show this masterpiece. Swades is one of the best gems ever to come out of bollywood.

I have been requesting Star India on social media since ages to premiere this movie but still it has not yielded anything. I had hopes that they will atleast show it on Star Gold Select but 2 years gone by without anything happening. My last hope stands with Disney taking over Star India and getting hold of this movie somehow bcoz it a UTV home production and if things still do not work out then one has no option but to watch it on internet itself. :(
Swades rights are now with that channel which bought all of previous srk film rights

Remakes to look forward to in the coming months

1/64‘Coolie No. 1’: Anupam Kher to step into Kader Khan’s shoes for the Varun Dhawan starrer?
Father-son duo David Dhawan and Varun Dhawan, are all set to collaborate once again for 'Coolie No 1', a remake of the 1995. While the remake will star Varun and Sara Ali Khan in the lead, reports are rife that the makers have also roped in actor Anupam Kher.
According to reports, Anupam will be seen taking on Kader Khan's role of playing Karisma Kapoor’s father in the original. There have also been talks about veteran star Paresh Rawal coming on-board for the film.
Anupam had been a regular in Dhawan's film during the 1990s and 'Judwaa 2', where he played Jacqueline Fernandez’ reel life father.
'Coolie No. 1' is expected to release on May 1, 2020.

Will be another crap movie. New Judwaa was not even 10% as interesting & funny as the old one. Govinda, Salman played their roles with a natural touch while Varun's acting is still immature & looks artificial. No comparison by a big margin, new breed of actors barring one or two do not seem to either have desired talent or just like in other fields Bollywood is busy running after quantity rather than invest time/money in creating quality content.

Honestly i was not able to bear watching Judwaa 2 for more than 5 mins. at a stretch, felt irritated & left disappointed on every front. Hope this movie is not made till worthy actors and proper story is reached upon
Absolutely correct, Remakes in bollywood are 90% flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock