Breaking Cricket live in 4k HDR in Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijit007

Reaction score
The OTT platform has announced a partnership with the New Zealand Cricket and will livestream matches starting January 2022. In November 2020, Amazon became the first streaming service in India to bag the exclusive match-streaming rights from a major cricketing board.
In 4K HDR - Star Sport and Sony watch out

Source

Thanks to TRAI's regulation. We have taken steps back. I recall Sony Six airing Copa in 4k and Star Sports airing ICC World Cup 2015 in 4k. Than it just stopped. With NTO it has become difficult to sell HD channels. Leave alone 4k channels. Only hope is OTT services like Prime to get sporting rights.

The OTT platform has announced a partnership with the New Zealand Cricket and will livestream matches starting January 2022. In November 2020, Amazon became the first streaming service in India to bag the exclusive match-streaming rights from a major cricketing board.

Source
I think FanCode had rights of several boards way before Prime.

Thanks to TRAI's regulation. We have taken steps back. I recall Sony Six airing Copa in 4k and Star Sports airing ICC World Cup 2015 in 4k. Than it just stopped. With NTO it has become difficult to sell HD channels. Leave alone 4k channels. Only hope is OTT services like Prime to get sporting rights.

No fault of TRAI. Broadcasters r free to price chs appropriately and sell content. If they can price chs for less earlier then same can happen now for all chs but they seem to b not doing so as content is not appealing to keep subscribers engaged for longer time. 4K anyways is not financially feasible and more so in age of OTT.
TRAI regulations r best, hope NTO 2.0 comes into effect soon. I just wish Mr. RS Sharma would have continued little longer as TRAI Chairman, he would have tried to fast pace the implementation process. Broadcasters will keep crying foul when in reality i find nothing wrong with these regulations

Source
But where its written it will be shown in 4k hdr???

NCB was streaming their matches on youtube with HDR feed.

This is about digital streaming rights and it fits better at our OnlyTech forums.. please continue in this thread available at OTF for the same topic: Breaking - NZC and Prime Video India Sign a Six Year Deal

request to the senior members: if you find a new member post an off topic thread at any of our forums, please use the report button to notify the same. please do not continue the discussion in the same thread, even after knowing it is an offtopic. new members may not be aware of the existence of OTF but as a senior member, you guys must be well aware of the topics we discuss in each forums. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock