DTH updates D Sport HD Will Be Removed by Tatasky w.e.f 13th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't available to subscribe anyway, what's the use then?

So, channel officially shutdown w.e.f 13th March

sJxKrAc.jpg

xreHRLN.jpg

Any information about Nat geo people sd

Everyone understands this as Shutdown but channel isn't shutting down as per this scroll it says in compliance with TRAI tarrif order the channel is being discontinued.

I understand this as licensing issue ie no seperate license for SD & HD feed as well as channel pricing issue suffered by Broadcaster as alarcate cost of this channel is out of bounds in comparison with new Tarrif order.

I came to this conclusion by comparing the licensing issue being faced by Jaya TV HD in the wake of Trai tarrif order implementation and subsequent removal of the channel getting by local digital cable operators while Downscaled SD feed of the channel still continues.

If Both this paradoxical issues were somehow sorted out in the future D Sports HD might be back.

Last edited:
Everyone understands this as Shutdown but channel isn't shutting down
I understand this as licensing issue ie no seperate license for SD & HD feed
D Sport HD is shutting down. Discovery has already got the license for separate SD feed & with the removal of HD feed from every DTH they'll replace the downscaled HD feed with original SD feed or they might have already replaced. Broadcaster is not providing the HD feed, they're only providing the SD feed which TS added while renewing the deal while others are already having.

Airtel clearly stated that the channel is shutting down & it was not that they were removing it so mentioned that channel is shutting down, if that would have been the case then while removing Baby tv & NGP also they could've stated the same reason but they didn't mentioned so because SD feed of these channels was never available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock