DD Bharti brings back 'Byomkesh Bakshi' after 22 years

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 889

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
At a time when a feature film has just been made on the subject, Doordarshan is re-telecasting the popular series Byomkesh Bakshi, which was made more than twenty years earlier in 1993.

The series is being telecast on DD's cultural channel DD Bharati.

It was the first Hindi series based on the Byomkesh Bakshi character created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. The series was made over two seasons, a 14-episode series in 1993 and a twenty-part series in 1997.  The series achieved cult status and was even repeated several times on DD National.

The series stars Rajit Kapur and K K Raina as Byomkesh Bakshi and Ajit Bandyopadhyay respectively. Both actors known for their stage experience also went on to act in many films later.

The series was directed by one of the masters of art cinema in the seventies and eighties, Basu Chatterjee.

Byomkesh Bakshi, a Bengali detective takes on spine-chilling cases with his sidekick Ajit Bandyopadhyay. 

The series will be aired every Friday at 10 pm on DD Bharti

http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/terrestrial/dd-bharti-brings-back-byomkesh-bakshi-after-22-years-150605

Gud news, but I think it was airing on DD bharati 3-4 yrs back as well :hehe

I wud go as far as saying this, that byomkesh bakshi is my all time fav. detective series :win

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock