Good News DD empanels 11 companies for Free Dish MPEG4 STB rollout

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Public broadcaster Doordarshan has revealed the list of Indian set top box (STB) manufacturers empanelled for providing MPEG4 set top boxes (STBs) for its free direct to home (DTH) service Free Dish.

The pubcaster has shortlisted 11 STB manufacturers for providing MPEG4 STBs to customers. These include BGM Holding Company, KMTS Engineering, Millenium Technologies, Modern Communication and Broadcast System, Velankani Electronics, BECIL, Exza Infosystem, Catvision, The Creative Advertiser, STB Technologies, Laxmi Remote India.

DD empanels 11 cos for Free Dish MPEG4 STB rollout

which company is the best ones keeping in mind all the features?

Last edited:
What the use of these STBs when their is no indication of eauction for vacant slots.. May be after sometime MIB ministry also terminate these companies for manufacturing new STBs..

which company is the best ones keeping in mind all the features?

I don't know about these 11 companies that DD enlisted. never heard of it. for now Solid and STC are good. They've some remarkable features.

Among the above list Velankani electronics Bangalore,is already selling icas Mpeg4 boxes for Rs Rs1250 plus courier charges when I enquired from them,so finally DD approved icas boxes are now available and address phone numbers are in list of DD circular,for new DD Dth new customers it better to buy icas boxes as in future normal set top may not be able to receive DD Dth signal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock