DD Freedish on TataSky dish+lnb?

• Thread starter nulll
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 5,919

nulll

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an Tata Sky dish at home (no tata sky connection anymore) in Bangalore.

Since it is pointing to 93.5E, will i be able to receive DD Free Dish by just connecting a standard STB? Is any modification needed for the orientation?

If anyone confirms, I would like to go & buy a STB and try to hook it up for FTA viewing.

Pl. clarify.
Thanks

Yes you do.
But don't buy now any stb.
DDFD launch its own stb with CAS enable system.

Yes bro you can....
But wait for 2-3 month.... because ddfd's official stb coming soon.

And if u cant wait then you can buy a 2nd hand stb...

Sourabhs20 said:
channels is not fixed yet. Channel will be add according to auction.
means these channels will not be free on DD Free Dish? (with CAS coming in)

Sourabhs20 said:
why ??
all ddfd channels(mpeg2, mpeg4) are free bro...
then why cas/encryption for DD Free Dish? you need all that only if you want to make people pay for them (to decrypt & view).. no? any other reason?

nulll said:
then why cas/encryption for DD Free Dish? you need all that only if you want to make people pay for them (to decrypt & view).. no? any other reason?
Because after CAS/Encryption all channels will be available only on ddfd official stbs, No other stb can get these channels. Dishtv also cant get these channels. EPG also will be available on these channeld and one important thing is they want to know their actual viewership so they are making their official box with encryption.

This step is taken for some major reasons are below:
1) blocking the primary upcoming channels distribution for cable operator directly.
2) downlink only in India, beam is covered 5 other countries,
3) completely covered by gov. From channel partner to end user.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock