Good News DD India - is all set to turn into an English news channel

hindifun

Contributor
Reaction score
New Delhi: Public broadcaster Doordarshan's international channel - DD India - is all set to turn into an English news channel, while the bilingual DD News may soon air only Hindi news.

The decision to reposition the key channels was taken after much brainstorming at a recent meeting of the Prasar Bharati board, sources told PTI
DD India to become English news channel, bilingual DD News to air only Hindi news

Last edited:
Wow that's gr8 news

Indeed welcome move, even the India word matches with the content i.e English. :)

DD have to do something.
In my opinion they have start
DD Movies/Cinema channel 24×7
DD Music
DD kids
And start all match live broadcast when India play {in Hindi DD sport too +DD national} may be it will effect star network channel coz. in remote area maximum people don't have paid subscription.

The Prasar Bhrati Board is inclined towards bifurcation of the Doordarshan News channel into two – one for Hindi and another for English.

However, the Board has sought the views of Doordarshan before taking a final decision.
In a recent meeting, Prasar Bharati sources told indiantelevision.com that the Board had felt that having separate Hindi and English news channels would also help to increase its viewership in rural areas for the Hindi channel and in urban or semi-urban areas for the English News as there would be greater variety.

DD News is the country’s only 24-hour terrestrial TV news channel, as all private channels are satellite-based. The Prasar Bharati board approved the proposal to start a 24-hour news channel in place of DD Metro and it was launched on 3 November 2003.

Prasar Bharati Board favours separate DD News Hindi & English channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock