Breaking DD India, to be repositioned as an English news channel soon

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Highly-placed sources from I&B ministry told ThePrint that AIR plans to launch a 24×7 news stream in the next few weeks, while a revamped version of DD India, to be positioned as an English news channel for the global audience, will be air on “very soon”.

The sources said that the much-delayed DD Arun Prabha — a dedicated channel for India’s Northeast, alongside the existing DD North-East channel — will also be launched within a month. DD Arun Prabha, with a focus on Arunachal Pradesh, was announced in the Narendra Modi government’s first budget, and was slated for launch in January 2016.

DD and AIR set to launch news channels, digital platform ahead of Lok Sabha elections

Already DD India stopped showing hindi serial/movie/news and only english news (DD News feed) and some other current affairs programms in english language telecasting on this channel....

In Analog Dish antenna days back in 90's DD India was a good channel. I still wonder why don't they replace it with DD Metro instead of DD News English.

In Analog Dish antenna days back in 90's DD India was a good channel. I still wonder why don't they replace it with DD Metro instead of DD News English.
Because they can no more create good contents (shows, serials). Private channels like Star, Sony, Zee, Colors are way ahead than DD now. Earlier people used to watch DD during analog cable days but now the same people term DD as crap because of no content and repeat of old shows.

The sources said that the much-delayed DD Arun Prabha — a dedicated channel for India’s Northeast, alongside the existing DD North-East channel — will also be launched within a month. DD Arun Prabha, with a focus on Arunachal Pradesh, was announced in the Narendra Modi government’s first budget, and was slated for launch in January 2016.
What about all those new channels: DD Manipur, Imphal, Mizoram, Agartala, etc.? Why another Arun Prabha? Aren't all those DD channels for NE states enough (considering that private broadcasters don't care for any NE state other than Assam)?

What about all those new channels: DD Manipur, Imphal, Mizoram, Agartala, etc.? Why another Arun Prabha? Aren't all those DD channels for NE states enough (considering that private broadcasters don't care for any NE state other than Assam)?

Sorry bro no idea.

Currently DD Northeast is the only mandatory channel from NE. Others maynot be full time satellite channels officially.
Target seems to be one channel for each state and UT.

What's the purpose of having DD North East on the first place when you have a dedicated channel of each state of the region? I don't see any channels like DD South or DD North. What makes North East so special that you need 2 channels to air content?

Off topic : Also an off topic query. What is stopping broadcaster like Star for replacing DD 1 with Star Sports First during cricket matches on its terrestrial network. It makes sense as they acquired expensive rights of cricket matches and SC wants everyone to watch important events. They should allow private broadcasters to replace DD 1 without carriage fee as Prasarbharti doesn't bids for such rights. And broadcasters are also either losing money or has to pay money to a company that doesn't invest on content. On freedish also broadcasters that has rights to important events that people shouldn't miss out should be allowed to host their channels without any carriage fee.

Off topic 2 : We pay tax for Doordarshan. Right? Then why do they need to air ads. Broadcasters that doesn't pay carriage shouldn't have rights to air ads. If they air ads they needs to subsidize the cost for NCF we are paying to have their channels.

What's the purpose of having DD North East on the first place when you have a dedicated channel of each state of the region? I don't see any channels like DD South or DD North. What makes North East so special that you need 2 channels to air content?
Once DD establish separate full-time channels for all NE states, DD NE may get shutdown. Currently it represents all NE states.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock