DDF Exclusive DDF Re-Branded Logos for TV Channels: Unleash Your Creativity Here!

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,831
  • Views: Views 737,018
Here's some creativity as promised... let me know what you all think!

sonylogo.png
High contrast Black background for SONY would make the look stunning, IMO.
Could try a thinner font/font size for the channel names (PIX looking too big).
The logos are really beautiful even now.

@zaxotes, could you design some more logos (Sony Max 2, Mix, Marathi, etc.) as soon as you have time? I know it can be time-consuming. Also, where would you place the word HD in your logo?

You don't have to do the sports channels or Sony BBC Earth right now. :tup: Sony BBC Earth and Sony ESPN are collaborations with foreign networks. So their logos might not be changed much, at least not BBC Earth.

I also thought the same while designing PIX logo but I just went with the guidelines sony has followed for logos of this kind. The width of 'SONY' and 'CHANNEL NAME' is same for all logos that follow this design. But since the font used isn't a monospace font, it stretches out when letters like 'I' are used. I have also made alternate designs for them slightly tinkering with sony's guideline. Will post those tonight.

@zaxotes, could you design some more logos (Sony Max 2, Mix, Marathi, etc.) as soon as you have time? I know it can be time-consuming. Also, where would you place the word HD in your logo?
You don't have to do the sports channels or Sony BBC Earth right now. :tup: Sony BBC Earth and Sony ESPN are collaborations with foreign networks. So their logos might not be changed much, at least not BBC Earth.

I will be doing some more tonight and will post them as soon as they're done. I'm thinking of an extension below the logo for placing HD word (as in Sony Movies Action and Christmas). Anywhere else would ruin the look of the logo.

I'm thinking of an extension below the logo for placing HD word (as in Sony Movies Action and Christmas). Anywhere else would ruin the look of the logo.
The same as what Sony does now with its HD logos.

No. There is no difference between the HD and SD logos, as is common in Europe. You are free to use the HD word any way you wish.
Yeah, these countries have adapted to 90% if not 100% HD broadcast and usage of 'HD' on channel name/logo isn't even required to attract people. India still needs at least 5 years from now to adapt to this kind of mindset. Also, these channels do not want to adapt to this as the companies feel 'HD' means premium and they can loot more by adding 'HD' tag to any crap.

Or alternatively another channel name:
  • SET -> Sony Channel
  • Max -> Sony Movies Hindi
  • Pix -> Sony Movies English
  • Max 2 -> Sony Movies Classic
  • SIX/TEN 1/TEN 2/TEN 3/ESPN -> Sony Sports Cricket/Action/Football/Hindi/International
  • Sab -> Sony Family

Or alternatively another channel name:
  • SET -> Sony Channel
  • Max -> Sony Movies Hindi
  • Pix -> Sony Movies English
  • Max 2 -> Sony Movies Classic
  • SIX/TEN 1/TEN 2/TEN 3/ESPN -> Sony Sports Cricket/Action/Football/Hindi/International
  • Sab -> Sony Family
Since these names sounds and looks good. SPN will never adopted these.

Edit : I was so excited for new logo reveals of Sony's sports channels. All we got was worst MS Paint edited version of Sony Espn's logo.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock