Dealing with ISRO for transponders is a nightmare, says TRAI chairman Khullar

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman Rahul Khullar is an angry man.

He speaks against the Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) style of functioning, urges for the formulation of a national media policy and bats for cross-media restrictions.

Noting that getting transponders from ISRO is a nightmare, Khullar said that government must take decisive steps on infrastructure for
the broadcast sector to clear hurdles that impede growth.

“What a nightmare it is to deal with an office in Bangalore to try and get transponders in place! I have tried my best in beating my head against that wall. It’s like a Catch-22 situation.

I will not give you a transponder and I will not let you get a transponder on your own,”
Khullar said while speaking at CII Big Picture Summit 2014.

Asserting that airwaves are not the monopoly of the state, Khullar said that there is a need for talk about infrastructure issues like the
efficient use of spectrum for both direct-to- home (DTH) and telecom operators.

He stated that the government must frame national media policy that promotes a free media, plurality, self-regulation and a clear Infrastructure policy.

Read more at : Dealing with ISRO for transponders is a nightmare, says TRAI chairman Khullar | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock