Decreasing SD quality to promote HD?

techmania

Reaction score
Folks,
Have a look at Star World SD, Zee Cafe SD and Comedy Central SD.
I think Star, in particular, is deliberately reducing SD quality to promote their HD feed. This is seen on other Star english channels like Star Movies as well. In comparison, Comedy Central SD looks much more high quality with proper 16:9 format and higher res video.

Moreover, you will see "Dabba to TV" banners on these Star channels frequently during programs.

Do you think Star is deliberately reducing SD quality to promote HD? I feel so.
Why should they use these improper tactics to promote HD? They are so desperate even with Rs. 500+ SD base packs that they want additional money from customers for HD?
What say?

(This issue may not be specific to Tata Sky, but I am posting it in TS section since the quality comparison which I mentioned above may be TS specific)

Thanks for reading.

there is only little difference between sd and hd

they should remove all hd channels

nothing new in hd

There is always a big difference between HD and SD quality. It is a big jump from SD to HD but not so from HD to uhd

@all: Thanks for the replies...
Well, the question is not if there is a big difference between HD and SD. The question is why there is a big difference between SD and SD.

No there is no such issue and hd channels will always looks better then sd

All the SD channels are far worse compared to what we get through internet TVs. I am not sure about Star channels, but the regional channels (malayala manorama, asianet, surya, shalom etc.) at least had awesome quality on the original feeds (Before tatasky, I used to watch SD channels using yuppy TV, and the quality was far superior).

It is the DTH/operators who reduce the quality (either to have more channels or to promote HD).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock