• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 823

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Dubai, Aug 7 : Deepika Padukone might be starring in 'Aarakshan' (Reservation), a film based on India's notorious caste system, but she has revealed that she had no idea about the issue before starring in it.

Directed by acclaimed director Prakash Jha, the movie tackles the sensitive subject of the reservation of seats and jobs based on people's social class as opposed to merit.

"For many Indians, the reservation issue is a hard-hitting reality. But honestly, I didn't feel for the issue strongly, because I have never really experienced it in my own life," Gulf News quoted her as saying.

"And I truly feel that unless a person doesn't experience it for real, the importance and impact varies. But I have a learnt a lot about the issue during the filming.

"I speak my mind and I speak honestly. I am not a celebrity who just makes controversial statements to sound interesting or to shock people. I can never do that," she added.

--ANI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock