Delhi High Court has directed to block piracy sites over WB's petition

@shreyaskini I had told u about this could happen. But here the courts have directed to block it rather than govt stepping in.
It still means nothing since these torrent sites keep changing their domain everytime someone tries to block them. It's same as p**n ban. Hardly effective. ISPs in US and many countries in the west send letters threatening to disconnect their services for piracy so they end up using VPN. Whether govt or court whoever stops piracy will continue until people find it affordable to spend on them. Next they might do same for PC games. Do you think people will spend 2-5k for a game here?

It still means nothing since these torrent sites keep changing their domain everytime someone tries to block them. It's same as p**n ban. Hardly effective. ISPs in US and many countries in the west send letters threatening to disconnect their services for piracy so they end up using VPN. Whether govt or court whoever stops piracy will continue until people find it affordable to spend on them. Next they might do same for PC games. Do you think people will spend 2-5k for a game here?
P*** ban was been very effective. My internet speed has gone high since the ban. Hopefully, same happens with this ban too. Piracy block will be terrible for web series though as they will not get limit exposure. Season 2 of Sacred Games will bring more money for Netflix than its Season 1. It's because they got to know the shows through piracy sites. I am not defending pirated sites. But streaming services sucks. I download a episode of The Big Bang Theory under 150 in HD. Meanwhile on Hooq it consumes around double or triple the bandwidth. Unless streaming services invest heavily on video compression. Piracy ain't stopping.

P*** ban was been very effective. My internet speed has gone high since the ban. Hopefully, same happens with this ban too. Piracy block will be terrible for web series though as they will not get limit exposure. Season 2 of Sacred Games will bring more money for Netflix than its Season 1. It's because they got to know the shows through piracy sites. I am not defending pirated sites. But streaming services sucks. I download a episode of The Big Bang Theory under 150 in HD. Meanwhile on Hooq it consumes around double or triple the bandwidth. Unless streaming services invest heavily on video compression. Piracy ain't stopping.
I didnt mean to relate the ban to internet speeds. I just said these bans don't mean that there's no other way to access the sites. You're right otherwise about sacred games. Most people did indeed pirate it.

One more example is i watched Chernobyl on Hotstar as well as downloaded it from another site to see the difference in quality. The one that was pirated was much much better both in terms of audio and video quality. Streaming services have a long way to go to match pirated content. It's just a fact.

One more example is i watched Chernobyl on Hotstar as well as downloaded it from another site to see the difference in quality. The one that was pirated was much much better both in terms of audio and video quality. Streaming services have a long way to go to match pirated content. It's just a fact.
Exactly same. Hotstar is only worth getting that VIP plan for sports. Streaming international shows and movies are just terrible. That's why they don't offer trial on most plans.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock