DEN Networks’ drive to increase cable TV ARPU

Vishnu777

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: DEN Networks expects its cable TV ARPU from Phase IV areas to touch Rs 75 per set-top box (STB) ten months after the implementation of digital addressable system (DAS).

The government has mandated 31 March 2017 as the new cut-off date for DAS Phase IV. Analogue signals will be switched off in Phase IV areas, implying that the whole country would have transitioned to digital cable TV transmission.

DEN is expecting to lift the ARPU (average revenue per user) from other areas as well. In DAS Phase III, DEN is targeting ARPU to climb to Rs 75 (inclusive tax) within five months. The new cut-off date for digitisation in Phase IV was 31 January 2017.
In DAS Phase II, DEN feels there is headroom for ARPU to increase to Rs 105–110. There will be marginal upside in Phase I collections as well.

The multi-system operator (MSO) exited the fiscal third quarter with ARPU of Rs 125 in Phase I (up 11% QoQ), Rs 95 in Phase II (up 6%) and Rs 64 in Phase III (up 23%).
DEN’s digital subscriber base stood at 10.2 million until 31 December 2016. Out of this, 8.2 million are active paying subscribers. While in Phases I and II the MSO has 3.7 million active subscribers, in Phase III it is 3.9 million and in Phase IV about half a million.

DEN Networks’ drive to increase cable TV ARPU | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock