Deutsche Welle(DW) to Launch its News Channel on Sept 17

shawl_who

Contributor
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Deutsche Welle (DW), Germany's Public Service Broadcaster will launch its news channel here tomorrow, which will feature 24 hours of programming in English with a focus on news, lifestyle and regional content for Asia.

According to a press release, the cornerstone of the channel will be news from Europe and the world, along with a programming focus on regional news and events from Asia.

The channel will also feature a variety of documentaries, talk shows and programmes covering culture and lifestyle. Highlights include Euromaxx, Arts. 21, Tomorrow Today and Discover Germany, it added.

Prasar Bharati, India's Public service broadcaster had signed a MoU with DW last year paving way for distribution of DD India on DTH Platform of Hotbird-13B Satellite and the reciprocal distribution of DW-TV on DD Freedish, the release said.

Deutsche Welle(DW) to Launch its News Channel on September 17 -The New Indian Express

Yeah... i m also unsure if its another news chnl or d existing one.
As... already one DW exists in indian mkt :u

BTW DW is one of my favorite channels 10 years ago when i used to watch FTA channels only using the small dish.

FS_61702.jpg

The new DWTV will feature 24 hours of programming in English with a focus on news, lifestyle and regional content for Asia

Deutsche Welle (DW), Germany’s Public Service Broadcaster, will underline its dedication to serving television audiences in South Asia while presenting its new channel in New Delhi. The new DWTV will feature 24 hours of programming in English with a focus on news, lifestyle and regional content for Asia.

The cornerstone of the channel is news from Europe and the world, along with a programming focus on regional news and events from Asia. The new channel will also feature a variety of documentaries, talk shows and programs covering culture and lifestyle. Highlights include Euromaxx, Arts. 21, Tomorrow Today and Discover Germany.

“The new DWTV opens a window to the world for our viewers in South Asia,” said Dorothee Ulrichs, Head of Distribution Asia at DW. “DW offers a unique perspective that is especially valued by local business and opinion leaders and DW News will now provide them with insights into international head-lines and the details behind regional issues.”

In India, the new DWTV will be available on DTH platforms such as DD Freedish , Dish TV and Airtel. It will also available on cable networks including Asianet, Hathway, DEN Networks, InCable Network, Ortel and GTPL.

Host of the event is DW’s Amrita Cheema, who works as an anchor on DW News in Berlin. Carsten on Nahmen, the Head of DW News and Current Affairs, will also be on hand to share insight into the world of international news and broadcasting.

Prasar Bharati, India’s Public service broadcaster had signed a MoU with DW last year paving way for distribution of DD India on DTH Platform of Hotbird-13B Satellite and the reciprocal distribution of DW-TV on DD Freedish.

- See more at:

newly launched channel dwtv to focus on news and regional issues

I think it's a revamp of old DW TV as old one gives News in German language frequently ;) :tup

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
I think it's a revamp of old DW TV as old one gives News in German language frequently ;) :tup

:no bro, its totally in english :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock