Discussion Did you benefited from TRAI's new tariff order?

Did you benefit from TRAI's new tariff order?

• Total voters

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
This is a poll to end all debates of old NTO as NTO 2.0 comes in effect soon.

So, TRAI in 2019 introduced a tariff order where consumers directly paid for broadcasters' offering along with a monthly rental called NCF to their operators. Earlier consumers paid a fixed amount for both connection and channels.

Some users in the forum expresses that their monthly expenses has increased but the channel count on their tv has decreased. While others say they are paying lesser than because they are buying some selected channels they watch. Let's end the debate for now because a new tariff order is coming in effect August 12th. And vote here whether you gained or lose from the new tariff order?

NTO needs to compared wholistically with earlier tarriff system and u r again wrongly assuming that u r paying more bcoz of TRAI, it is actually bcoz of broadcasters. This new tariff order has brought in every good thing if understood well
This thread is not about putting blame on TRAI or broadcasters. It's about whether one personally benefitting from the NTO or not.

There is difference between what you subscribe and what you watch. Many of us subscribe lots of channels but we watch only few of them. My bill reduced for DTH and was barely increased by 20 rupees on Cable TV.
I can keep myself and my family members safe from peace of cake like Star Plus and ZEE TV. We only watch Ishara, Sony Sab, Star Bharat in entertainment category.

Last edited:
This thread is not about putting blame on TRAI or broadcasters. It's about whether one personally benefitting from the NTO or not.

Yes, but for ur personal benefit reducing u need to blame the correct stakeholder

I can bet
Trai has increased our monthly bill

Before Trai, we used to get all channels under 500rs or even less

But now More HD channels launched let us assume
If Trai was not there even we would have got 90plus HD channels under 700 rs

Now we get that all 90plus HD channels at 900 plus rs after trai 1

Now after trai 2 God knows how much we have to pay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock