DirecTV launches first 4K/Ultra HD STB

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
As it tries to establish itself as part of the AT&T family, US satellite firm DirecTV is claiming to have made it easier for more customers to watch Ultra HD programming on nearly any 4KTV with a new set-top box (STB).

DirecTV launched 4K/Ultra HD programming in November 2014 through its Genie HD DVR, which is currently in millions of customers' homes. The Genie HD DVR allows receiver-less connections to support DIRECTV 4K-ready TVs from Samsung with instant access to DirecTV 4K VOD. LG, Sony and other manufacturers will soon be added to the portfolio. The new 4K Genie Mini STB, about the size of a paperback book, will support full 4KTV capability with Dolby Digital Plus audio decoding.

"Customers who want the best picture quality are creating more demand for 4K," said Henry Derovanessian, senior vice president Consumer Premise Engineering, DirecTV, part of the AT&T family. "The new 4K Genie Mini allows us to meet that demand by expanding 4K access to more of our customers nationwide."

Read more: 

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/2015082039557/directv-launches-first-4k-ultra-hd-stb.html#axzz3jQZ5jDvt

Somehow I read the title as "DishTV launches" by mistake and I was just amazed. :D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock