Good News Discovery Kids adds English feed to increase penetration in India, SAARC

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Discovery Communications India’s kids channel Discovery Kids has added English language feed with an aim to increase penetration across markets in India as well as SAARC countries.

The channel is now available in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and English languages. Discovery Kids has leap-frogged to Rank 4 in the highly competitive Kids genre from Rank 9 at the beginning of the year riding on 426% growth in TV ratings, (2-14, All India Urban, Week 1-4’18 vs Week 29 -32’18, BARC Ratings).

Discovery Kids adds English feed to increase penetration in India, SAARC

English audio feed has always been there, they have just released the English dubs for the two shows replacing the Hindi audio that used to play on English feed previously.

It feels like the English dubbing is an afterthought for them, some episodes are still in Hindi and I don't see any of the movies in English at all. But I still wish Discovery Kids adds more foreign shows and not just stick with two shows all the time. They added Monster Kid but no promotion at all.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock