Article Discovery plan to rename DSport as Eurosport in India challenged by Lex Sportel Vision in Delhi High Court

DreamDTH

DreamDTH bot
Reaction score
DSport.png
Discovery Communications India’s plan to rename ‘DSport’ channel to ‘Eurosport’ channel in India has been challenged by Lex Sportel Vision...

This thread is for the general discussion of the article: Discovery plan to rename DSport as Eurosport in India challenged by Lex Sportel Vision in Delhi High Court. Please add to the discussion here.

So Eurosport Launching from 13th February.
I think 1Sport will be a separate channel as it started testing from a different Satellite.

Can someone Clear my Doubts

1. Who is the owner of Dsport?

2. Has Discovery ever been the owner of Dsport?

• if yes when did discovery sell Dsport to lex sportel vision?

•if lex sportel vision is Dsport owner then how can discovery even think of changing Dsport name?

•if discovery is the owner of Dsport then how lex sportel vision can stop discovery from changing Dsport name?

3 channels:
1)euro sports 2)1sports from discovery.
3)dsport from lex sportel
present dsport from lex sportel + discovery.i think lex sportel continues with dsport or withdraw from market.

How does the change of ownership from Discovery to Lex Sportel Vision explain the closure of the HD feed?

Last edited:

• if yes when did discovery sell Dsport to lex sportel vision?

•if lex sportel vision is Dsport owner then how can discovery even think of changing Dsport name?

•if discovery is the owner of Dsport then how lex sportel vision can stop discovery from changing Dsport name?

1. Lex Sportel Vision is the owner, BUT
2. Discovery have the license of the channel.

(Breaking News - DSport removed the word “Discovery”)

3. if yes when did discovery sell Dsport to lex sportel vision?

4. if lex sportel vision is Dsport owner then how can discovery even think of changing Dsport name?

5. if discovery is the owner of Dsport then how lex sportel vision can stop discovery from changing Dsport name?

1. Discovery.

2. They are still the owners of the brand.

3. They never did. But the uplinking license is with Lex Sportel. Discovery holds the downlink and distribution license. In simple words, the content belongs to Lex Sportel.

4. Discovery owns the brand, so they can change the name.

5. Although discovery is the owner, they are using the feed (content) which belongs to Lex Sportel. So Discovery just can't change name without consent of Lex Sportel. Discovery plans to change name and have their own content (EuroSport). It will directly affect Lex Sportel as their content will have no distribution. That's why the legal fight and also their backup plan of 1sports.

Hope all clear....

Hope all clear..
So the channel's owner is Discovery, BUT the contents (programs/shows) belongs to Lex Sportel Vision, which means they can take their contents off DSport and put it on their own channel 1Sport w/o any issue, leaving DSport to Discovery, then Discovery can do anything with the channel, rebrand to EuroSport, put EuroSport (UK) programs to the Indian feed, etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock