Discovery to air tightrope live show across 220 countries

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Discovery Channel is all set to air a special live show presenting the famed wire-walker Nik Wallenda as he
attempts his most challenging tightrope walk over the Chicago Skyline untethered.

The special show will air live globally across 220 countries on 3 November at 5:30 am, with a special telecast at 9 pm
exclusively on the channel.

The live event will be hosted by NBC News’ Willie Geist, Natalie Morales and the Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore.
Wallenda is also planning to walk a portion of the tightrope walk wearing a blindfold.

Wallenda, 35, said, “I hope to inspire people around the world and show that the impossible is not so impossible if
you set your mind to it. This has been a dream of mine and something that I’ve been practicing for a while. For both
parts of the tightrope walk, I’m going to face challenges like I’ve never experienced before.

I’ll not only need incredible physical strength to complete this walk, but laser-focused concentration.”

In June 2013, Wallenda became the first person to ever successfully traverse the Grand Canyon on a tightrope.

http://www.televisionpost.com/television/discovery-to-air-tightrope-live-show-across-220-countries/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock