Discovery US ropes in Hollywood producers for crime show ‘Killing Fields’

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 464

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
US infotainment broadcaster Discovery has tapped Hollywood heavyweights Tom Fontana and Barry Levinson as co-executive producers for their new crime series ‘Killing Fields’ Set to debut in 2016, the series will reveal the deep history attached to isolated and idyllic areas in America that are killing fields – locations where crimes have occurred and have gone undetected due to their geography and outside elements that have erased the scene of the crime.

The series will use up-to-date scientific advancements and technologies to find the truth and bring resolution to what lurks just below the surface.

Fontana has written and produced such television series as ‘St. Elsewhere’, ‘Homicide: Life On The Street’, ‘Oz’ and ‘The Philanthropist’.

He has received three Emmy Awards, four Peabody Awards and three Writers’ Guild Awards. Levinson is best known for directing the Oscar Award-winning film ‘Rain Man’ for which he won Best Director and Best Picture.

Fontana said, “I’ve always been fascinated with the criminal underworld and the grittier side of society. I was intrigued by the opportunity to explore non-scripted programming and work with Discovery in telling these real-life stories which use the latest scientific technology and research to shed light on the subject.”

Levinson said, “I’ve spent much of my career working in scripted, but what drew me to this project is the excitement of the unexpected. You can never predict what people will say and the direction these stories can take.

It’s a different process, so it allows us the freedom to uncover interesting material as it unfolds.” Discovery Channel president Rich Ross said, “In reintroducing the genre of true crime to our line-up, what can be better than to entice these two master story tellers to our incredible team producing ‘Killing Firleds’”.

Executive producer of the series and Sirens Media co-president Rebecca Toth Diefenbach said, “The heart of this project is the passionate group of investigators who work the crimes in these fields, refusing to give up no matter the obstacle.

We are so excited to work with Tom and Barry, who have created some of the most memorable characters in film and television, as we bring to life the real stories of these men and women”. Tags: Discovery, Lavinson, Rebecca Toth Diefenbach, Rich Ross Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services Most Read

Read more at: Discovery US ropes in Hollywood producers for crime show ‘Killing Fields’ | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock