dish modification for side LNB

knd1983

Reaction score
Hi All!
I searched the forum few times before posting. Didnt find that I was about to post. Also, keeping the post short so that I dont repeat if this is there already.

This is about modifying the dish for improving the dish for side lnb reception.
I dont know how much signal others here get on side lnb for IS20 with INSAT 4A as main/prime. I get 38-40% for 4184/V/21587 [Republic TV TP]. I was trying to fine tune LNB placement to improve signal but it didnt work more than reaching 40%.

Since it is s side lnb, I sort of know because I grew with 10ft dish at village, so... I tried to increase the area of the dish to get more reflection.. How?? Extended some portion of the dish by placing a tin sheet.. Bingo!! The signal raised to 51% from 40%.. The tin sheet is totally NOT shaped and nice. It was used in my kitchen under a tray. So I have to make a good/nice shape as it is part of the dish. Also, right now it is 2ftx2ft square, there is more are that LNB can see which I can cover with tin sheet!

When 10% of that TP is inceased, a new TP 4116 V 8800 came in in autoscan with 30% signal. It was NOT there at all. So excitement!.

If no-one has done/posted such modification/pics before here, I will...

Regards..

Last edited:
Thanks!
The KU band dish under C band dish has NO role to play. It is holding/supporting that tin sheet. I'm yet to screw it.

Prime is 83.5. LNB on right is 68.5, Ku LNB is DDFree dish. The tin sheet is slightly bent without much accuracy but somewhat resemble the concave structure of dish. Also it is supported by dish at an angle that makes it LOOK like the extension of the dish.. With signal meter you can get the best angle/placement of the sheet.
diahmodif.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock