Dish TV considering multi-layer security conditional access system

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 2,149

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Direct-to-home service provider Dish TV India is actively considering adoption of multi-layer conditional access system (CAS) to ward off potential security threats as well as to enhance system efficiency going forward. The company is also mulling deployment of Set Top Boxes (STB’s) supporting card-less technology simultaneously.

The company looks forward to deploy around 15-20 million STBs incorporating multi-layer CAS solutions over a period of 5 years and is hopeful of completing the selection process by December 2015.

In view of expanding business and service requirements, Dish TV recently issued a CAS request for proposal (RFP) to leading CAS vendors across the globe. Currently, the DTH operator uses Conax card-based CAS from Nagra and will adopt simulcrypting technology going ahead.

Companies that expressed interest include some of the world’s leading CAS providers including Irdeto, Viaccess, Pace, Verimatrix, Cisco, Nagra, Nstv, Conax, Civolution-Nexguard, CRI and SMI. The company is currently evaluating all proposals received on a strict core security benchmark and shall select multiple partners keeping its business interests in mind.

Dish TV has more than 13 million subscribers and is part of the Essel Group, which also provides digital cable television services through its cable distribution arm, Siti Cable (approx. 4 million subscribers). Zee Entertainment Enterprise Limited, is the flagship company of the group, and beams more than 100 channels across the globe, through its direct to operator (DTO) arm

Dish TV considering multi-layer security conditional access system | Business Standard Mobile Website

So Finally Dish Tv doing some change in its STB's :)

Card less STB :skd

Is it something similar to CDMA phone which doesn't have SIM card ?:huh

Sarkar said:
Card less STB :skd

Is it something similar to CDMA phone which doesn't have SIM card ?:huh
CDMA phone has CDMA Sim card also :k;)

SarfaRaZ said:
CDMA phone has CDMA Sim card also :k;)

Oh really I wasn't aware of this as I haven't used any :shy

Never heard of CDMA SIM but I heard that you cannot just swap any SIM(CDMA SIM) into those phone as it is code based which is locked to specific phones :-/

Sarkar said:
Oh really I wasn't aware of this as I haven't used any :shy

Never heard of CDMA SIM but I heard that you cannot just swap any SIM(CDMA SIM) into those phone as it is code based which is locked to specific phones :-/

Yes bro you heard right :k:tup

Sarkar said:
So this new STB will be coded just like these phones :huh

No this STB will be cardless ...so some chip will be their inside the STB which will do the work of this Card :k:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock