dishtv FAQs

Anirudha

Banned
Reaction score
:hello Hello Friends in this Thread we able to know about dishtv closely with some FAQs:

1. New dishtv connection

What is dishtv ?
DISHTV is India´s First and Asia´s Largest Direct-to-Home Digital entertainment Service provider that brings over 400 channels and services along with advanced value added services to your television set.

How does dishtv work ?
DISHTV works through a set-top box (STB) and dish antenna which is installed at your home. The antenna is connected to the STB through a cable which is linked to the TV set. The STB decodes the signal from the antenna and brings your favourite channels to your TV screen.

I already have cable TV. Can I also get dishtv to work on my TV set ?
No Problem!. dishtv is digital and direct, that means when you choose to install dishtv, you need not disturb your cable connection, just install your own Dish, simply connect the set-top box to your existing TV, insert your personal unique Viewing Card and you are ready to go!

Infact you can watch television without disturbing your existing cable connection in normal TV mode and dishtv in AV mode, by choosing the AV option from the remote of your TV set. That means both the inputs can be used simultaneously.

What is the warranty period ?
Twelve months for the set-top box. Normally nothing goes wrong in the Dish and the LNB. However, your dealer shall give you free support after installation for 60 days.
When you buy a dishtv connection you get the following Hardware / Equipment:

# Dish with LNB
# Set-top box and cable
# Viewing Card (VC)

The set-top box with the VC will be installed in your home, connected to your TV. The Dish will be fixed outside on a Roof/ Terrace/ Veranda/ Lawn etc. wherever it can face the direction of the satellite without any disruption / blockage in between. The installation is done by our experts.

What would I need to buy ?
When you buy a dishtv connection you get - Hardware / Equipment:

Dish with LNB
Set-top box and cable
Viewing Card (VC)

The set-top box with the VC will be installed in your home, connected to your TV. While the Dish will be fixed outside on a Roof/ Terrace/ Veranda/ Lawn etc wherever it can face the direction of the satellite without any disruption / blockage in between.The installation is done by our experts.

I have more than one TV set at my home. Will the dish service all of them ?
Yes, we have multi TV connection with the help of which you can watch dishtv on all your TVs.

Cap_1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Pack

How much would all this cost ?
Dish TV- DTH Channel Packages, HD Channels Package, DTH Packages India

About ala carte price ?
DishTV Ala Carte Packs, Hindi and English Movies Pack, Eng and Regional Entertainment Add channels Small Packs

There are certain channels that are part of my package but I am not able to view them ?
There are certain channels on the Asiasat 5 satellite that are offered to subscribers (based on the pack) at no extra cost, however to view these channels, subscribers need to install a 3 Satellite Accessory (extra charges for 3 satellite accessory). Once this accessory is installed, you have an access to all channels on dishtv.

How will I know about new channels introduced ?
We inform all our subscribers regularly about the newly introduced channels, you can find out all the information from our website, Buzz (dish interactive channel No. 999).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. On Request ala carte

What is meant by On Request A-la-carte channels ?
On Request A-la-carte Channels is a new customer friendly initiative by Dishtv aimed at giving flexibility to customers to request for channels which they want to watch and receive such channels on A-la-carte basis. Alternately, enjoy benefits in the form of bonus points of Rs.100 for each channel not opted. These "on Request" channels will be provided by dishtv at no extra cost, however will be available only "ON REQUEST".

How can I use these points and what will be the validity ?
The bonus points will be valid for 1 year and can be used to watch movies on MOD. You can order ala carte like MOD NON STOP, ZEE Q, Discovery Kids.

How can these channels be requested ?
These channels can be requested by two ways:-
SMS: REQ CODE to 57575 from your RMN OR REQ CODE VC NO. from any other mobile number.
You can call up the CC and place request for the ORA available in your package.

Will there be charge for sms sent ?
SMS charges incurred by the subscribers to send "requests" will be credited to the subscribers dishtv account on 1 Jan 2014, at the rate of Rs 3 per channel requested.

How will ORA work in case of multiple connection ?
For multiple connections, the request made by the subscriber will be considered as request made for all the connections.

Different Channel Package and "On Request" ala carte:

Rest Of India Packs:

1. SUPER FAMILY

Cap.jpg

2. SUPER GOLD

Cap_2.jpg

3. SUPER PLATINUM

Cap_3.jpg

4. TITANIUM PACK

Cap_4.jpg

1. HD WORLD PACK

Cap.jpg

2. HD PREMIERE PACK

Cap_2.jpg

3. HD ROYALE PACK

Cap_3.jpg

South Of India Packs:

1. SUPER SILVER

image.jpg

2. SILVER SAVER

image.jpg

3. SOUTH FAMILY

image.jpg

4. SOUTH SUPER WORLD

image.jpg

5. SOUTH SUPER PLATINUM

image.jpg

6. SOUTH TITANIUM

Cap_5.jpg

1. SOUTH HD WORLD PACK

image.jpg

2. SOUTH HD PREMIERE PACK

image.jpg

3. SOUTH HD ROYALE PACK

image.jpg

4. Recharge

Pay Subscription fee by the following methods ?
You can pay your subscription fees:

# Directly through your dealer through cheque at the time of installation
# Through Credit Card on this site
# Through ITZ Cash Card, a prepaid card
# Through cash or cheque deposit
# Through Electronic Clearance Scheme
# Cash to dealer
# Pay Order / Demand Draft / At Par Cheque

Do I need to pay any charges in case I recharge the connection after deactivation ?
As a subscriber of the Company, you can avail the benefit of paying no charge in case you want your connection to be de-activated for a minimum period 15 days and a maximum period of 30 days. However this facility can be availed by you only once in 365 days and upon giving a prior intimation to the Company. In case your dishtv connection is not recharged by or before the recharge date, a charge of Rs. 21/- shall be levied on your account as idle box fee on account of maintenance of hardware and your account.

5. Service

Is there anything that disrupts reception quality ?
A few minutes of outage might occur in extreme weather conditions like heavy rains or when the sun comes in the line of the satellite and earth. This phenomenon is called RAIN OUTAGE / SUN OUTAGE and occurs in DTH platforms across the world. This is typically for one or two minutes in a year, outage gets corrected by itself as it is automatically detected.

6. Set Top Box and Hardware

Types of STB ?

Capture.jpg

What is Viewing Card ?
A Viewing Card is a credit card sized Smart Card, which contains information about the channels that the customer has subscribed to. When inserted in the set-top box it enables viewing of the channels chosen by the subscriber. You must take care of this card and note down its unique VC Number in a safe place and mention it in your every communication with us.

I have lost / damaged my Viewing Card. How can I get new one ?
You will get new card from dealer by paying Rs 475/- again while the deposit of the lost/damaged VC is forfeited.

What is a 3 Satellite Accessory ?
Dishtv has 3 satellites through which we provide you the maximum number of channels. All popular SD channels are available through 2 satellites and the third satellite (Asiasat 5) carries only HD channels and certain niche channels. Subscribers with HD connection already have the required hardware to view these channels, however subscribers with a Normal connection need a 3-Satellite Accessory to capture signals from this satellite.

Once this accessory is installed, you have an access to all channels on dishtv.

Source:- DishTV FAQs- Frequently Asked Questions, Dishtv Faqs, Digital TV Faqs, DTH Channels FAQs, Dth Connection Faqs

7. Know your Account Info

missed_call_mailer.jpg

8. Contact dishtv

Cat.jpg
Cat_1.jpg

Customer_Care_02.jpg

Dish_TV_Poster.jpg

8. About Bonus Points

doublebonuspoints_mailer.jpg

Bonus_Burn_Summer_Bonanza_09.jpg

9. Service Care Packs

1_Yearof_Service_Delight.jpg

10. Express Delight Service

Service_poster_mailer222.jpg

11. dishtv Mobile

wap_dishtv.jpg

If any other Info needed, Please mention I will update all :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock