DishTV True HD+ Recorder does not detect my WD 1TB HDD

Reaction score
I recently purchased a WD 1 TB HDD - Model no.: WDBPCK0010BBK. However, this is not getting detected in the Set Top Box by DishTV. The set top box is True HD+ with recorder capability.

My HDD just works fine with my laptop (Windows XP)!

Has anyone encountered this problem or knows what maybe wrong here?

Me too having the same problem. My new WD 500GB HDD is sometimes detected but most of the time it is not detected by my STB. Its working fine with PC.

So we can say dish providing inferior hardware and useless software of recording.

Well, actually yes. However, for this problem, I was able to find out the root cause and then solve this issue.

Root Cause: The set top box does not detect any other file system except FAT32.

Problem: No one within the DishTV customer Care department, technicians are aware about this restriction. The manual with this set top box does not even talk anything about USB accepted capacity or anything.

Resolution: I formatted my HDD with FAT32 after which the set top box started to recognize my HDD. Although, the set top box again re-formatted my HDD in it's own format which is not recognised by Windows XP!

Caution: As Windows XP does not have an option of re-formatting the HDD to FAT32 (it only shows two options of formatting to NTFS and exFAT), I used a tool to format the HDD to FAT32.

Please go through the excellent article at the URL below which talks about various tools & options to format to FAT32:

How to Format External Hard Drive to FAT32 in Windows

I used the "FAT32Formatter" tool to format my HDD to FAT32. Using MS DOS was taking ages so I had to cancel that one. Using "FAT32Format" tool only showed me 500 GB out of 1 TB, so not of much use!

Amit Agarwal Is Right!

Change It To FAT32 Type! Using Software (Just Google It),

I know that it only detects FAT32 type. So when i purchased new HDD, i formatted it with FAT32, But then also, sometimes it is not detected by stb ( however its easily detected in my PC). So i think its hardware problem of my STB for me. But on the other hand, Pendrive is working fine with stb.

guys any solution on this because my 320gb hdd also not detected by stb ..on stb back side its shows 5V 500mA , but i thin all external hdd works on 10V so how can solve this please any one help me please

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock