Disney brings Graphic's 'Astra Force' on Big B's birthday

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Graphic India and Disney Channel India will reveal the first look of its superhero series Astra Force on the occasion of Amitabh Bachchan’s birthday – 11th October as a special surprise for the millions of megastar's fans around the world.

In the month of August last year, Graphic and Disney announced the production of the animated series -“Astra Force.” with legendary icon, Bachchan. A funny and fast-paced, action-adventure series, filled with laughs and thrills, “Astra Force” tells the story of a mythical hero from a distant world, who was stranded on th earth millions of years ago after an epic space battle.

When 8-year old brother and sister twins accidentally awaken the mythical superhero from his long hibernation, they must teach him about our modern world and join Astra to save the universe from a new wave of giant monsters and intergalactic threats.

“It is imperative to get the local texture right for any story to resonate and emotionally connect with the viewers. With Bachchan associating with Graphics India and Disney Channel India on ‘Astra Force,’ we will be bringing an interesting facet to storytelling in the local animation space,” said Disney India managing director Siddharth Roy Kapur said.

“Amitabh Bachchan is a real life superhero to millions, including myself, so it’s no surprise that he is the perfect person to become immortalized in this new animated avatar,” added Graphic’s Co-Founder & CEO Sharad Devarajan. “The opportunity to collaborate with Bachchan on ‘Astra Force’ is made that much stronger by partnering with Disney, a company whose creativity and storytelling I have admired all my life.”

Disney Channel India has been entertaining kids and families through a range of locally relevant stories spread across high-quality animation series and “Astra Force” will be the perfect complement to the line-up of existing shows.
Devarajan is the producer on “Astra Force” along with Graphic India SVP-Creative Jeevan J. Kang who is overseeing visual development character design and art for the project.

Graphic’s previous animated superhero, Chakra The Invincible, was created with Stan Lee (co-creator of Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Avengers) and received over 30 million views globally on Rovio’s ToonsTV platform available through the Angry Birds app.

Graphic India is a character entertainment company focused on creating leading characters, comics and stories through mobile and digital platforms. Founded by media entrepreneurs Devarajan, Gotham Chopra and Suresh Seetharaman, it is owned by the U.S. comic book company, Liquid Comics and CA Media LP, the Asian investment arm of The Chernin Group, LLC (TCG).

Disney brings Graphic's 'Astra Force' on Big B's birthday | Indian Television Dot Com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock