Disney is shutting down Blue Sky Studios

marvel44

News Columnist
Reaction score
Disney is shuttering Blue Sky Studios, the $5.9 billion global-grossing former 20th Century Fox animation division that during its run churned out 13 feature films including the Ice Age franchise.

One can say that the writing was always on the wall for Blue Sky, especially after Disney acquired 20th Century Studios and its assets in March 2019. However, the past year has been challenging for Disney on many fronts, of course due to the pandemic — not just on the studio side but also with theme park closures and cruise line dockings. Sustaining a third feature animation studio was no longer viable for Disney given the current economic realities caused by Covid.

Disney Closing Blue Sky Studios, Fox’s Once-Dominant Animation House Behind ‘Ice Age’ Franchise

I think this is a good desicion if employees are shifted to internal studios. Having two top of the game studios in Disney Animation and Pixar and the television counterparts in 20th Animation, Disney TV Animation, imo Blue Sky as a Studio wouldn't had fit in any of the role. As long as the employments aren't terminated it's good. However, I feel that's not going to be the case as they had to fight for the openings across fellow sister animation studioz.

What will happen to Ice age franchise? No spin off? or part 6,7?

So Disney Shutting down Studio Blue Sky Studios will not Relaunch in future, I hope Disney will not shutdown another Big animation studio Pixar.

There is currently a Ice Age project in works for Disney+

Whatever IP created /acquired by BLUE SKY will be part of Disney.
In these upcoming Movies/TV Series will Disney giving Production House Credits to Shutting down Studio Blue Sky Studios :unsure:

So Disney Shutting down Studio Blue Sky Studios will not Relaunch in future, I hope Disney will not shutdown another Big animation studio Pixar.
Lol! Blue Sky is never in the same league as Pixar or Disney Animation or even DreamWorks. Pixar isn't going anywhere. I don't why people think they will shut every thing down. To be frank there is no need for a third animation studio for Disney (if you count Disney TV Animation and 20th Animation it's 5). They are shutting down instead of selling to someone else to keep the intellectual property created.
In these upcoming Movies/TV Series will Disney giving Production House Credits to Shutting down Studio Blue Sky Studios :unsure:
No. Disney TV Animation is producing those.

I don't why people think they will shut every thing down. To be frank there is no need for a third animation studio for Disney (if you count Disney TV Animation and 20th Animation it's 5). They are shutting down instead of selling to someone else to keep the intellectual property created.
It's not Good idea shutting down Blue Sky Studios, atleast they can Merge with Pixar or any other Disney owns animation studios.

Last edited:
It's not Good idea shutting down Blue Sky Studios, atleast they can Merge with Pixar or any other Disney owns animation studios.
They sure are keeping the IP and employees are given option to work for Pixar /Disney Animation. There is no need to keep an studio as functional if it cannt find its footing in Features (Apart for Ice Age of course) . Even merging would have the same result. Idk what else you are expecting.

They sure are keeping the IP and employees are given option to work for Pixar /Disney Animation. There is no need to keep an studio as functional if it cannt find its footing in Features (Apart for Ice Age of course) . Even merging would have the same result. Idk what else you are expecting.
I Agree, but Disney Shutdowns many Big Studios including in India too, first time seeing that people are angry on Disney in twitter and because off shutting down Blue Sky Studios, they also started petition to save shutting down Studio Blue Sky Studios.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock