Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

For airing IPL, ISL, PKL matches, separate regional channel is now required, only production in regional languages is required.
The matches can be aired on Suvarna Plus, Maa Movies, Jalsha Movies, Asianet Plus etc.
Other than the time of live matches, those sports channels are not watched by majority.
Agree, But most of South viewers will Watch sports content in Native language, So Star sports launched more sports channels
not* required
Yes not required any Seperate Sports channels in Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil or any other language. When Star Sports offering multi Audio feeds, All language interviews, Live Extra innings in Single Channel is this possible :unsure:

Agree, But most of South viewers will Watch sports content in Native language, So Star sports launched more sports channels

Yes not required any Seperate Sports channels in Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil or any other language. When Star Sports offering multi Audio feeds, All language interviews, Live Extra innings in Single Channel is this possible :unsure:
STAR can accomodate live matches in regional movie channels as done before.

Most of things you said is correct but i want to correct you where i feel you're absolutely wrong. They never said they're cutting on content. They are transforming itself as biggest content providers. Only unnecessary Regional Sports Channels should be shutdown. Give the audio feeds in star sports 1/2. Shut English channels as far as i know they want to just concentrate on streaming because the upcoming STAR service will fill that gap.

i just said about content as i read epl and F1 is non profiting and they may let go few sports properties

Regional Sports channels offering something special shows, Live Regional language players names graphics in South Sports channels, I hope they will not Shutdown sports channels, if they Shutdown Regional Sports channels then they Should Shutdown Star Sports Hindi too
Bro Hindi is also a regional sports channel and will be shut down too.

OFF TOPIC- the star branded streaming service which Disney talking about can be Hotstar? :skd:

Last edited:
My opinion is Star should close regional sports channels .Also reduce total sports channels More channels create confusion among audience Less number of channels can be identified very easily.

Also from regional channels I am telugu state and we have already star maa movies still star maa gold channel exist which is also for movies.

As per my view less number of channels will be better and able to watch by more people.

When Star was owned by Fox, Uday Shankar was free to move up with his decisions. The Murdoch gave tremendous support to Star India. That's why the network made bold and adventurous movements. IPL rights is one example. On the other hand it increased Star's expenses- In a long term view it may strengthen the network. When it comes to Disney, they are agressive about revenue and expenditure. After the merger eventually most of the Star executives was quit. Now that 'crazy Star team' not exists. Under Disney, Star's daily routine will go on. But it's unclear about Star's behaviour on bigger or costlier deals in future.

OFF TOPIC- the star branded streaming service which Disney talking about can be Hotstar? :skd:
I don't know why you excited more about unconfirmed news about new streaming service, Disney itself not interested to share these news :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock