Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

As per my information . Star plus in Europe and Australia will rebrand as star Bharat and air same content as star plus India. The logo will also change similar to new star
Logo as per my imagination

lpk6sac.jpg
Disney officially revealed details of how it was planning the branding of “Star” internationally at December’s Investor Day event, which will see Star added as a new sixth tier within Disney+ in February in many regions including Europe, Australia, Canada and in Asia. At the same time, Star+ is launching in Latin America as its own platform with live sports. With many Fox channels in Latin America will also be rebranded “Star”.
According to Dutch television provider Ziggo, Disney will be rebranding its Hindi channels, Star Plus and Star Gold channels in the Netherlands to Utsav Plus and Utsav Gold. This rebranding will be taking effect from February 1st.
Disney Renaming Star Channels In The Netherlands

Disney officially revealed details of how it was planning the branding of “Star” internationally at December’s Investor Day event, which will see Star added as a new sixth tier within Disney+ in February in many regions including Europe, Australia, Canada and in Asia. At the same time, Star+ is launching in Latin America as its own platform with live sports. With many Fox channels in Latin America will also be rebranded “Star”.
According to Dutch television provider Ziggo, Disney will be rebranding its Hindi channels, Star Plus and Star Gold channels in the Netherlands to Utsav Plus and Utsav Gold. This rebranding will be taking effect from February 1st.
Disney Renaming Star Channels In The Netherlands
I think disney has got expected success in india. So they stressed on india too much 😅

if they Shutdown Star Bharat it's good move only for Disney in India, But I don't think they will shutdown Star Bharat, Already many New Serials in Pre production stage and shutting down Star Bharat. Disney/Star will save cost and missing upcoming DD free Dish auction, this Pay channel have own fan base in DD free Dish DTH.
Why they will add their full fledged pay channel to free dish. If they were having such planning they would have definitely added their channel through the recent held auction of dd free dish

Another thing is I guess there won't be any change in Star branding. Simply if they call Star Plus and Star Gold its confusing so they are simplifying it by calling the channel Ustav Plus and Ustav Gold with retaining the Star symbol I guess. And I guess it won't be a concern where Hotstar already operates independently in Canada and the US, the UK, and Singapore. Also FOX East Asia (now Disney's) still operates many star branded channels. Asia is familiar with Star branding, so no issues for them. I guess now all Fox branded Sports, GEC'S and movies will be changed to Star and ESPN branding slowly. I guess they will have Star Sports all over Asia and will strengthen ESPN brands in the other parts.

Not in Asia Pacific, including China and Taiwan. Fox channels are still running in that region. Star Movies and Star World changed to FOX Movies Premium and Fox Life long ago. Channel V Taiwan too became Fox Taiwan.

Even the Chinese channels XingKong, Weishi Zhongwen Tai (Star Chinese), Weishi Diangyin Tai (Star Chinese Movies) and Star Legend movies have different branding. Except for XingKong, all the other three are under Fox International Channels.

So only time will tell what Disney will do with these brands in Asia Pacific including China.

Not in Asia Pacific, including China and Taiwan. Fox channels are still running in that region. Star Movies and Star World changed to FOX Movies Premium and Fox Life long ago. Channel V Taiwan too became Fox Taiwan.

Even the Chinese channels XingKong, Weishi Zhongwen Tai (Star Chinese), Weishi Diangyin Tai (Star Chinese Movies) and Star Legend movies have different branding. Except for XingKong, all the other three are under Fox International Channels.

So only time will tell what Disney will do with these brands in Asia Pacific including China.
Not sure why you are saying this again and again. Star Sports, Star Cricket and Star Chinese still have Star Branding in the East and South East Asia.

BTW. Star Chinese operations (Mainland China) were sold long back by Fox. Now its owned by CMC media.

Why didn't they go with the already established Hotstar name for their streaming service instead of Star+? That way it wouldn't have created any confusion. And they wouldn't have been any need to change the name of StarPlus channel.

Why didn't they go with the already established Hotstar name for their streaming service instead of Star+? That way it wouldn't have created any confusion. And they wouldn't have been any need to change the name of StarPlus channel.
Star+ sounds better. And Hotstar is never well knowed for quality. Also don't forget the self censorship of John Oliver's show and leak of Games of Thrones episode.

They did not even go with Hulu identity for obvious reasons. What they wanted was to have separate identity for family and mature content and bring linear+digital under one branding. Having just uniform branding helps across world to have better connect or recall. Also they might b planning to launch more extensions to these. Same goes why they r changing names of channels, to have distinct identity and add more alongside it as required

Star+ sounds better. And Hotstar is never well knowed for quality. Also don't forget the self censorship of John Oliver's show and leak of Games of Thrones episode.

Thing is that they would have considered it. As Hotstar itself is operating independently in the most markets where Star is set to rollout like the UK, Canada, Singapore. Star+ is not to get people confused. Say if they are rolling out it as Hotstar in LATAM, people who are getting Star, would be confused with Star where Hotstar also operates independently.

But the big thing here for inclusion of Star into Disney+ is to get away with local content restrictions coming up later this year in the Europe, and the same are in discussions in Australia, NZ, Canada as well. The main objective is to get local content produced under Star brand almost everywhere in the world. If not for the rules, I guess Hotstar would have been full fledged global streamer. Anyway Hotstar will be available all over Asia it seems in one way or the other.

Thing is that they would have considered it. As Hotstar itself is operating independently in the most markets where Star is set to rollout like the UK, Canada, Singapore. Star+ is not to get people confused. Say if they are rolling out it as Hotstar in LATAM, people who are getting Star, would be confused with Star where Hotstar also operates independently.

But the big thing here for inclusion of Star into Disney+ is to get away with local content restrictions coming up later this year in the Europe, and the same are in discussions in Australia, NZ, Canada as well. The main objective is to get local content produced under Star brand almost everywhere in the world. If not for the rules, I guess Hotstar would have been full fledged global streamer. Anyway Hotstar will be available all over Asia it seems in one way or the other.
I see. Understood.

You are really well informed bro. I like reading your posts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock