Disney to cut back on TV, sports biz in India

As i had anticipated star under disney exploring wide variety of sports like nfl, nba etc. They will cautiously go for ICC, BCCI, IPL renewal next yr. High chances that sony might bag IPL or ICC rights

Chapek also offered his thoughts on the Indian market, acknowledging it required a vastly different approach for Disney.

“We have an unparalleled collection of entertainment and sports in our Hotstar offering, something we’re really proud of. But it’s a unique market,” he said. “That’s the case around the world, but [India is] really a unique market because we have particularly what I’ll call mass-market pricing and distribution.

“It’s a unique market in terms of that distribution because it’s really a mobile-first market, which is kind of unusual. They have low bandwidth, and so [we] have to tailor our offerings to match that low bandwidth and local languages are particularly important there. So we have to sort of customise for each of those unique elements.”

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock